The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $194/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- No pets allowed
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This bright and cheerful island home is located in a peaceful neighborhood known as Widgeon Woods and is surrounded by trees. It is conveniently located close to Ocracoke’s Lighthouse, Silver Lake harbor, stores, and eateries. Just a short walk down Lighthouse Road brings you to Springer’s Point Nature Preserve. Upon entering this home, between the reading nook, living room and dining area you will want to do nothing but relax. The master bedroom is on the main floor with a private bathroom. Up stairs right before the loft area is the queen bedroom that shares a jack and jill bathroom with the double bedroom. In the loft area is two twin beds providing additional sleeping arrangements. The screened in porch has a dining area and outdoor furnishings to savor the cool evening breezes while listening to Ocracoke’s natural symphony of cicadas and frogs. This property does not provide linens and towels, please inquire about rental options.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Ocracoke Lighthouse and British Cemetery are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to get the best vacation home experience:
Get the most from your spending budget:
- Summer is high season in the Ocracoke area. Reserving a rental home in the Fall or Spring is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation rental. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable properties.
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property management companies often offer renters an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke area magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitor guide magazines contain money saving offers on local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Narrow your rental Search:
- First and foremost, have your group select date ranges and a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your family needs. Widgeon's Rest is a bright and cheerful island home in a quiet neighborhood. has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly accessible online. Otherwise, contact the host before reserving your rental. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds.
- Are you looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional pet fees or costs could be applied to your invoice.
More tips for your stay:
- Take a copy of the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Upon arrival, note any damages to the property and immediately alert the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental when you are out, just like you would at home.
- Double-check the rental property to make sure that you've packed all belongings on check-out day. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental a final time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a wonderful stay? Most rental management companies make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles