Every vacation destination has its own unique draw to potential visitors, whether it's a national monument, a fantastic shopping or dining scene, or an exotic locale that's meant for total relaxation. Many newcomers to the Outer Banks are surprised to learn that this destination has all of these attributes and more, and it can be hard to narrow down the overflowing list of "must-sees" or "must-dos" that have to be squeezed into a 1-2 week OBX vacation.
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Spend an Ocracoke Island vacation at this splendid home designed after the historic Outer Banks Lifesaving Stations. Savor this trendy pet-friendly island home located at the entrance to Jackson Dunes. The comfortable interior features an open floor plan. The fashionable gated front porch and private screened porch tucked among the trees are a favorite of visiting guests. 3 bedrooms and 2 Baths: 1 Master Bedroom with King (effective 4/22/22) and private bath, 1 with two Twins, 1 with two sets of Bunk Beds. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, and three flat-screen TVs. Washer and dryer. High chair and Pack-N-Play (with a co-sleeper feature, please bring sheets). Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers a wraparound porch with gate, screened porch, deck swing, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, park-style charcoal grille, and fish cleaning bench. No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limit of 4 cars. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum. What's New for 2022 effective 4/22/22: 1 King, 2 Twins, 2 Bunk Beds. (King replaces the Queen Bed) Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Bedroom with two sets of Bunk Beds with TV. Hallway bath with tub/shower. Laundry Room. Second Floor: Master Bedroom with King, TV, and Master Bath with shower stall. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time before your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Ocracoke vacation rental booking tips and tricks:
Find your perfect rental:
- To book the most suitable vacation home within budget, we strongly suggest booking in Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at the beach and popular Ocracoke attractions. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rental homes during holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some owners offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer renters an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitors guide magazines have discounts for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
How to pick the perfect rental home in the Ocracoke area:
- Select vacation dates and spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration you need. Lookout: Popular dog friendly home with comfortable interior. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is normally available online. Otherwise, call the property management company before booking the home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds. You'll need to establish what configuration is optimal for your vacation.
- Are you visiting for a single attraction or event? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- Some rentals allow pets, but others don't. Allowable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the owner about pet restrictions before booking.
- Take a copy of the host's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are very helpful if there is a dispute.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can frequently help. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental when you are out, just like you would at home.
- On check-out day, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not forget anything. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a great time? Most rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.7 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles