- As low as $235/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Located amidst the island cedars and lush foliage, this bungalow in the heart of the Jackson Dunes neighborhood feels like a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. It's a place where you can escape the demands of daily life and immerse yourself in the simple pleasures of nature. The bungalow exudes a warm and welcoming ambiance, making it an ideal choice for families seeking not just a vacation spot but a home away from home.
The upper deck, with its unobstructed view of the nighttime sky, beckons to stargazers and dreamers alike. It's a getaway that reminds you of the simple joys in life and invites you to savor every moment in the embrace of natural beauty and comfort.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 bedroom with King, 1 bedroom with Queen, and 1 bedroom with two twins.
Additional amenities include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, and one cable TV. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival, with the exception of the top bunk.
The exterior offers a nice sized deck for appreciating the sunshine, two screened porches, hot/cold outdoor shower, and a charcoal grille.
No Smoking. No family pets.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV. Bedroom with Queen Bed. Shared bath with shower. Laundry closet. Screened Porch.
Second Floor: Bedroom with King. Bedroom with two twins. Shared bath with shower stall. Sitting Area. Screened porch. Deck.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Getting the best rental experience:
How to get the best rental home value:
- The earlier your group can book, the easier your search will be. The best rental homes are booked very early. Booking your rental property six to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your vacation home.
- Book your Ocracoke vacation home in Fall or Spring to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer.
- Property managers sometimes offer promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your host or property manager if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Property management companies typically offer customers an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Many rental management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines that include special deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to select the best vacation rental in Ocracoke:
- Choose your dates and max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. Neaptide: Secluded & Spacious Home in Jackson Dunes has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, contact the property manager before you book the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds. You'll need to establish what configuration is suitable for your vacation family.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some do not. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the host about your furry family members before booking.
- If there's a particular Ocracoke attraction you are enamored with, look for homes that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Add the property manager's contact info to your phone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Note any issues with the property during check in, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are beneficial if a dispute arises.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a terrific source for finding the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- At departure, complete a walk-through to confirm you have not leave anything behind. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the property a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take video of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a excellent vacation? Most rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or host was terrific, they would love to hear about it. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.7 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.8 miles