The Ocracoke Wild Horses, or "Banker Ponies" are easily Ocracoke's oldest residents, and have been plodding along the island for the last few hundred years. These famed horses are arguably one of the island's top attractions, and can be easily admired by any Ocracoke visitor via a quick trip to the National Park Service's Ocracoke Pony Pen.
- As low as $280/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Ceiling fan
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Limited onsite parking
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Rooftop terrace
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This 4 bedroom Ocracoke Island vacation home on the Outer Banks of North Carolina is tucked away just off Lighthouse Road. This reverse floor plan home offers striking vistas of the Ocracoke Lighthouse. Take your Ocracoke experience to a higher level; appreciate phenomenal 360 degree vistas of Silver Lake Harbor, the distant Atlantic Ocean, Pamlico Sound and the extraordinary one-of-a-kind up close vistas of the Ocracoke Lighthouse from the rooftop deck. You will experience the Ocracoke Lighthouse as never before, from the decks of Admiral's Retreat. Appreciate evenings outdoors with the ambiance supplied by the beam of the lighthouse. Admirals Retreat features an open floor plan and various outdoor living spaces certain to provide a calming stay on Ocracoke Island. The comfort and chic furnishings are certain to complement a vacation with family or friends. 4 bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 Master with Queen, 1 with Queen, 2 with two Twins. One bath with huge whirlpool tub. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs, 1 Blu-ray, and 3 standard DVD players. Washer and dryer. No Gas Fireplace Available. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers two screened porches. Several decking options on each level and the lookout deck offering impressive vistas. Hot/cold outdoor shower and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking. WHAT'S NEW: No Gas Fireplace No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars. No Partial Week Stays. Property Layout: First Floor: Two bedrooms each with two Twins and a TV. Bedroom with Queen and TV. Hallway bath with tub/shower. Laundry area. Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with Queen TV. Bathroom with whirlpool tub and separate shower.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Our top Vacation rental booking tips:
Sticking to your spending plan:
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner your group can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable properties are booked early. Reserving your vacation property six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental.
- Summer time is high season in Ocracoke. To get the best rental for your budget, we recommend reserving in the Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at your favorite restaurants and activities. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Some hosts offer promotional rates for veterans. Check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites typically offer customers an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, visitor guides contain offers and deals for nearby restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Finding the perfect rental home in the Ocracoke area:
- To start, have your family choose vacation dates and a budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Admiral's Retreat: Amazing Harbor, Pamlico Sound, Lighthouse views. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is commonly accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, email or call the host before you reserve the home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and others do not. Acceptable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the host about pets before booking.
- Are you looking for particular amenities? Most websites include search filters for amenities. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental.
- Get the property manager's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your .
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, stereo or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents lots of difficulties.
- Lock your rental property while you are out! Don't let thieves spoil your vacation.
- Upon arrival, document any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers bothering your peaceful neighborhood. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would have never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed everything at check-out. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property a final time and look for any damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photographs of the property to record its condition.
- Did your group have a terrific stay? Most rental home management companies make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles