The Outer Banks offers plenty of opportunities for a healthy, family fun vacation. Visitors can spread out over more than 100 miles of pristine shoreline. Local restaurants and eateries are providing abundant take-out and delivery options. Kids are distance learning from the beach! Also, there’s no risk of boredom with our list of social-distancing compatible activities! It’s no wonder that vacationers are turning to the Outer Banks for a fun, relaxing, and safe vacation during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Here are our picks for outdoor attractions, parks and activities where it’s easy to maintain social distancing guidelines while having 100% of the fun.
- As low as $166/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Tucked back on a side road on the way to the Oyster Creek neighborhood, this Sunday turn day property sits right next to a peaceful creek on one side and a enormous side yard on the other side. The creek provides tons of nature watching from otters, herons, fish, and little fiddler crabs. This three-bedroom home has new owners starting in 2021 and is re-entering the rental market. The balcony off the master bedroom upstairs overs handsome marshy vistas of the creeks behind the home. A loft area upstairs provides a seating area in addition to the open floor plan below. Bask in the sun during the day on the front porch that wraps around to two side screened porches. Appreciate dinner or an evening drink on either of the screened porches. An outdoor shower and fish cleaning bench are under the home to use after a long day out at the beach. Four-legged family members are welcomed! To add to the ease of getting into a vacation mind set, this property does provide linens and towels.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Ocracoke rental experience:
How to get the best rental home value:
- June, July, and August are high season in the Ocracoke area. To find the best value, try shifting your group's vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer warm temperatures, , and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- The sooner you can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best properties are reserved early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and book your rental property.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your family qualifies for a discount.
- Booking websites usually offer guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Often, rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which will include special deals, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to pick the perfect vacation rental:
- Select vacation week and budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration you need. Great Ocracoke family vacation home in a secluded quiet area. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally available on booking pages. If not, reach out to the property manager before booking the vacation property. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to work out what is optimal for your vacation family.
- Is your family looking for unique amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental
- Some properties allow pets, and some do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property management company about pets before booking.
Know before you go:
- Store the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your visit, note any problem areas during check in. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors bothering your peaceful home. Use the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are away! Don't let crooks spoil your family vacation.
- On check-out day, take a walk-through to make sure you have not leave anything behind. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a wonderful stay? Many rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was wonderful, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.5 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.5 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles