The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Let the calming calm of Ocracoke fill your spirit in this comfortable home. A light and airy feelings are prevalent with wall-to-wall carpeting in a neutral color and high ceilings. Savor a leisurely afternoon on the furnished screened porch. Harmony House offers painless walking distance to village activities, stores, galleries, and eateries. 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Master Bedroom with King, 1 with Double, 1 with Twin and Bunk Bed. Master Bath with walk-in shower. The hallway bath has a tub/shower. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless Internet access, satellite TV, DVD/DVR. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers a hot/cold outdoor shower, screened porch, sun deck, and fish cleaning bench. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. min. 3 cars. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. NO CITY WATER - Treated Well Water, Non-Potable. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum. What's New for 2022: Master Bath with walk-in shower (no whirlpool tub). No longer offers a Pack-N-Play or High Chair. Property Layout: Single story home: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Den. Primary Bedroom with King and Primary Bath with walk-in shower. Bedroom with Double and a bedroom with Bunk and Twin. Full bath with tub/shower. Laundry area. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time before your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Ocracoke Beach and Springer's Point Preserve, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
How to get the best vacation rental experience:
How to get the best rental home value:
- Summer is high season in the Ocracoke area. To find the most suitable rental home within budget, we recommend reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at Ocracoke restaurants, tours, and activities.
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Booking websites typically offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, travel guide magazines have coupons for nearby tours and attractions.
How to pick the perfect rental home:
- Select your vacation dates and spending budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your group needs. Harmony House: Easy walking to shopping, activities, and restaurants. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally available on booking websites. If they are not listed, contact the property manager before you book your home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Does your group require special amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or costs could be applied to your agreement.
Tips for your stay:
- We recommend storing the owner's information in your smartphone.
- Upon arrival, document any damages to the property and immediately alert the property manager. Record all coorespondence.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a fantastic source for finding the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all belongings. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host isn't available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave a review! Hosts rely on great feedback to inspire more reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.0 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.1 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.1 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.1 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.1 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.1 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles