The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $167/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life at Charlotte’s Place. This property is located among oak trees providing a peaceful and private getaway. A short walk with your four-legged companion through the neighborhood leads you to the Ocracoke Coffee Shop for your early morning coffee. The two living rooms allow a family to spread out and appreciate themselves. Upstairs off the second bedroom is a private deck if sandy beaches aren’t on the agenda for the day. Under the home is a fish cleaning bench and outdoor shower so you can clean your fresh catch of the day and freshen up leaving the grim of the day behind. Furry, four-legged family members are welcomed as well! This property does not provide linens or towels, please inquire about rental options.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Tips to get the best Ocracoke rental experience:
Find your perfect rental:
- The earlier you can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best rental homes are reserved very early. Reserving your rental up to 12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Summertime is high season in the Ocracoke area. Book your rental home in the Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Booking websites typically offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guide magazines contain money saving offers on local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Selecting the perfect vacation home in the Ocracoke area:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your vacation dates, and select a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your group needs. Charlotte's Place: Secluded yet close to shopping and dining has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email the property management company before you reserve the home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to establish what is suitable for your vacation.
- Some properties allow pets, but others don't. Allowable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Does your group require specific amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Get the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or washer/dryer. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent many difficulties.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property while you are gone, just like you would back home.
- Document any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be beneficial if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. You will magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a fantastic resource to find the best local spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Double-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all of your belongings at check-out. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and scan for any damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, take video of the property to record its condition.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on good feedback to propel new bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.5 miles