Every vacation destination has its own unique draw to potential visitors, whether it's a national monument, a fantastic shopping or dining scene, or an exotic locale that's meant for total relaxation. Many newcomers to the Outer Banks are surprised to learn that this destination has all of these attributes and more, and it can be hard to narrow down the overflowing list of "must-sees" or "must-dos" that have to be squeezed into a 1-2 week OBX vacation.
- As low as $144/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 3
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- In a village
- In the city center
- Marina nearby
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Sailing nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Unit size: 250 sq ft (23 sq m)
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 3
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 250 square feet
Cozy getaway for a couple or modest family. This apartment is attached to our family home in Ocracoke. It is designed as a mother-in-law space for the previous owner. It has a queen size bed(sheets are not supplied) and a roll out single cot. Cable TV 32 inch flat screen and wireless internet in the master suite. Kitchen has a apartment size 4 Burner stove with oven. Microwave, coffee maker, modest (dorm size) refrigerator. Modest eating table in the front room. Ideal for a modest family or couple. We do allow family pets for an additional $50 and the cleaning fee for the rental is $50. If you want to do early check in there is an additional $45 fee. It is additional added anxiety for our cleaners to have everything ready for those that get here on an early ferry. Normal check in time is 3:30 pm and check out time is 11:00. If you want to check out late it is a $100 fee.
We do NOT post on Craigslist, so if you see it there, it is not us renting it. We only go through Vacation Rental By Owner/Home Away.
We do not offer refunds for weather related cancellations, ferry issues, or illness. We highly recommend that you purchase optional travel insurance.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is in the city center. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Tricks and tips for getting the best Ocracoke vacation property experience:
Finding the best rental home value:
- The earlier your group can book, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are reserved very early. Booking your rental property six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Ocracoke. To find the largest rental home for your budget, we strongly suggest booking in Fall or Spring months. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of large crowds at the beach and popular attractions. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Booking websites typically offer guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, travel guide magazines contain coupons for local tours, shops, and attractions.
Make a plan and pick a perfect Ocracoke vacation home:
- Choose vacation week and max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Ocracoke Retreat in the Heart of the Village. Efficiency for Rent has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is commonly available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, call the property management company before reserving the rental. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to determine what configuration is best for your group.
- If your group is bringing pets, you'll need to search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Get information on breed, size, and type requirements. Often, hosts charge additional pet fees.
- If there's a specific Ocracoke beach you love, look for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
Have a wonderful stay:
- Store the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property while you are gone, just like you would back home.
- During arrival, document any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and places you would've not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to confirm that you've packed all personal items on check-out day. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on good ratings to propel more reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles