Long before the summer vacationing families discovered the Outer Banks as a hot tourist destination, fishermen from across the country flocked to coastal North Carolina. With no roads to navigate, and no vacation homes to stay in, anglers would brave the makeshift sandy paths that ran along thebeaches, and would set up makeshift campsites whenever there was protection from the wind and waves. They went through great efforts to visit the Outer Banks for one reason: Exceptional fishing.
- As low as $311/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Unwind and rejuvenate during your calming vacation as you spend leisurely moments on the covered front porch or the serene rear screened porch. This impressive getaway's open kitchen and dining area create a welcoming space, seamlessly connecting with the screened back porch. Indulge in the joy of preparing meals in this inviting kitchen while appreciating the invigorating breeze and natural beauty that the screened porch provides. Whether savoring a morning cup of coffee or sharing meals with adored ones, this harmonious flow between indoor and outdoor spaces ensures a really relaxing and delightful vacation experience.
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: Primary Bedroom with King. 2 Bedrooms with a Queen. 1 Twin.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, cable, and internet TV. Free wireless Internet access. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a screened porch and covered porch. Picnic table. Charcoal grille. Fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limit of 2 Dogs.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking.
No Smoking/Vaping. No Partial Week Stays.
First floor: Living area. Open kitchen and dining area. Primary Bedroom with King bed and Master Bathroom with tub/shower and double vanity. Half Bath/Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen and twin. Bedroom with Queen. Bath with tub/shower.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Ocracoke Lighthouse and British Cemetery are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Getting the best Ocracoke rental home experience:
Finding the best rental home value:
- The sooner your group can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The best vacation homes are booked early. Reserving your vacation property up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- June, July, and August are high season in the Ocracoke area. To get the best value, try changing your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer pleasant weather, , and reduced traffic.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, travel guides have deals for nearby tours and attractions.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Start by selecting your trip dates and a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Hydeaway: Convenient to Restaurants, Shops and Silver Lake has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, contact the property management company before you book the vacation home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Extra fees or costs could be applied to your invoice.
- Visiting for a specific attraction or event? Use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are included before booking
Advice for a wonderful stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Add a note with the directions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents many problems.
- Lock your vacation home while you are out and about. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- To make certain damages aren't attributed to your family's visit, make a record of any problem areas during check in. Call the rental manager right away to record any issues. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful visitors bothering your peaceful home life. Use the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and places you would've never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the property to make sure you've collected all belongings. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, take pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on good reviews to stimulate more bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your review find their best vacation rental. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.1 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles