After a few days of sunny beach afternoons, fantastic local attractions, and all the amenities that attract people to the Outer Banks, many visitors find themselves daydreaming about a more permanent vacation. Whether your ultimate goal is to own an investment property, a retirement or vacation home, or simply a year-round home on the beach, the Outer Banks is filled with incredible opportunities and a variety of properties for sale.
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Unwind on your covered front porch or rear screened porch. You will adore the open kitchen and dining area that opens to the screened back porch. 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: Master Bedroom with King. 2 Bedrooms with a Queen. 1 Twin. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, cable, and internet TV. Free wireless Internet access. Washer and dryer. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers a screened porch and covered porch. Picnic table. Charcoal grille. Fish cleaning bench. Covered parking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. No Smoking. No Telephone. No Partial Week Stays. Property Layout: First floor: Living area. Open kitchen and dining area. Master Bedroom with King bed and Master Bathroom with tub/shower and double vanity. Half Bath/Laundry Room. Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen and twin. Bedroom with Queen. Bath with tub/shower. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time before your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
Strategies for getting the perfect Ocracoke rental experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Reserving a rental home in Fall or Spring is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation rental. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable homes. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your group qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers often offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guide magazines contain coupons for nearby tours, shops, and attractions.
Planning, selecting, and booking the perfectrental:
- Choose dates and budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your family requires. Hydeaway: Convenient to Restaurants, Shops and Silver Lake has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always available online. If they are not listed, call the property manager before you reserve the vacation property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to establish what configuration is optimal for your vacation group.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you'll need to search for a pet-friendly property. Get details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Often, property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction or event? Try a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Know before you go:
- Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental while you are gone, just like you would back home.
- During arrival, note any damages to the property and immediately alert the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Be respectful. Often, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently help. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Double-check the rental property to confirm that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take photographs of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on great feedback to stimulate more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review find their best rental home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.1 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles