The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $220/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deck or patio
- Hair dryer
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking allowed on screened in porch.
- Onsite parking
- Smoke-free property
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1152 sq ft (107 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1152 square feet
Ok, (not really).... when we were looking to buy, this place was listed for $110,000,000 (which was a typo) and the place was a DUMP!!! While under construction, we referred to it as the "million dollar double wide" and the name stuck, just didn't seem right to call it anything else. The home has been COMPLETELY refreshed from top to bottom. New Bathrooms, New bedrooms, New Kitchen, New exterior....... List goes on and on. We really feel like we have spent a million bucks on it. Located in the heart of the village, Its a short walk or bicycle ride to all the eateries and stores. Bicycle rental is across the street, coffee shop is 3 blocks away. Golf cart units are available in numerous locations on the island. There is a giant covered porch with a walkway to it. Out back we have an outdoor shower with a walkway to the porch.
The home has a master bedroom, with a queen size bed, and master bathroom with a shower.
Bedroom number 2, has a FULL(double) size bunk bed set. Sleeps 4 comfortably.
Bedroom number 3, has a queen size bed. Second bathroom has a full size bathtub.
Intelligent TV's are in all bedrooms.
This is the ideal setup for 2 families and 4 kids, or 4 couples.
Totally functional Kitchen, with a huge open concept great room, ideal for the entire family to be together. Basic kitchen condiments available (please replace if you empty), or bring your own. A Keurig coffee maker is available, but you must bring your own coffee.
Also supplied is a washing machine and dryer.(supplies not included).
Bath towels and bed sheets will not be included. Bedspreads are on all beds.
You must bring your OWN personal hygiene supplies.(soap,shampoo etc....)
NO beach accessories will be supplied.
Check in days are: Saturdays
7 day minimun
please contact us for more options
All dirty dishes must be left in the dishwasher, and the dishwasher MUST BE STARTED before you leave.
Do NOT leave coffee pods in the Keurig.
Do not leave any personal items in the refrigerator
Not responsible for any personal items that are left
17 IKEY D ROAD
OCRACOKE, NC 27960
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Traveling with kids? Consider Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the very best vacation rental experience:
When to book & When to go:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Ocracoke area. To get the best value, try shifting your group's trip dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer excellent weather, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- The sooner your group can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The most desirable properties are booked early. Reserving your rental six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental.
- Some owners offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your host or property manager if discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer renters an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which will include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Planning, selecting, and booking a perfectrental:
- Start by having your family agree to vacation dates and a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your group requires. MILLION DOLLAR DOUBLE WIDE!!! has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally available on booking pages. Otherwise, call the property management company before you book the vacation property. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to determine what is right for your trip.
- Visiting for a single attraction? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking
- If your group is traveling with pets, you must book a pet-friendly rental. Make sure to ask for details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Note that some property managers charge additional pet fees.
- Take a copy of the property manager's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home.
- Make a record of any damages to the property during check in, and immediately contact the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are valuable if a dispute arises.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be respectful. Often, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Protect your property!
- Double-check the property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at departure. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the rental one final time and scan for damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the manager isn't available, take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent reviews to drive future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles