- As low as $267/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee grinder
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- In a village
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Unit size: 2200 sq ft (204 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2200 square feet
Who builds a home during a pandemic?!? We did! It was a challenging year navigating unprecedented cost of materials and delayed deliveries, but we are now welcoming you to be our guests and appreciate the fruits of our labor.
3 stories plus spectacular rooftop deck with a 360 degree view of the Pamlico Sound and Ocracoke Village.
Beachfront with use of 2 kayaks on Northern Pond - the ideal swimming hole.
Covered parking under home plus huge parking pad for additional cars.
Cargo lift from ground to each floor.
Custom details, stained glass windows, tiled baths, granite countertop and comfortable brand new furnishings.
1st floor includes a roomy screened entry porch and outdoor shower, entryway, laundry room, 2 bedrooms with queen beds and a full bath with tub/shower.
2nd floor includes open concept living room, dining room and kitchen with pantry and half bath plus a enormous deck with view of the Pamlico Sound.
3rd floor includes a sizable suite with spa room, walk in shower and soaking tub, and private deck with the same outstanding water view. Plus there is another 1/2 bath and cozy den for movie nighttime, bunk beds and access to the spiral staircase to the roof.
Rooftop includes a deck with seating for sun bathing and star gazing.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Kayaking and snorkeling offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with ecotours and cycling nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best Ocracoke vacation home experience:
Get the most from your spending budget:
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of NC. Reserve your Ocracoke vacation in Fall or Spring months to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers often offer customers an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Look for your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guides contain deals for local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Selecting and booking a perfect Ocracoke rental:
- Start by choosing trip dates and a budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Beachfront Beauty on Northern Pond has 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly available on booking pages. If they are not listed, reach out to the property management company before booking the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to determine what is right for your family.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly rental. Make sure to ask for details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Usually, property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
- Does your group require particular amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
More considerations for your visit:
- Add the owner's contact info to your phone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or coffee maker. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents a lot of issues.
- Keep the property locked while you are gone! Don't let thieves spoil your holiday.
- Document any issues with the rental upon arrival, and immediately send them to the host. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be useful if a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would have never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental a final time and scan for any damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can. If the manager is not available, take video of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a wonderful stay? Most rental home management companies make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or host was terrific, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was inoperable and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.8 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles