Many newcomers to the Outer Banks who are browsing the local restaurants, shops and area attractions online or in the local guide books notice an interesting addition to the standard address. Besides the typical business name, street name, street number and town, many local businesses also include a Milepost number. This may initially appear to be an odd notation to include, but on the Outer Banks, this is incredibly helpful to new visitors on the lookout for a specific restaurant or shop.
- As low as $130/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- Pet friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This unique, Ocracoke Island rental home sits on nearly an acre, in a peaceful setting. Piper Green features vaulted ceilings and many windows, making it open, light, and airy. Some of our guests liken Piper Green to being in a treehouse, appreciating the unique seclusion and generous windows with tons of natural light in the living area. 3 bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 Bedrooms each with a Double Bed, 1 Bedroom with a Bunk Bed. One bathroom has shower only. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, cable TV, and DVD in the second floor sitting area. The washer/dryer is located down a walkway, in the outdoor laundry and guest storage shed. The exterior offers a deck and two screened porches, outdoor dining table and hot/cold outdoor shower. *This home does not provide linens. No Internet Access. No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limit of 2 Dogs. Limit of 3 cars. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival. Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Double bed. Bath with shower. Second Floor: Sitting Area. Bedroom with Double Bed. Bedroom with Bunk Bed. Bath with tub/shower.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Rental home booking tips:
Finding your perfect rental home:
- The earlier you can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved very early. Booking your rental home six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Summertime is high season in Ocracoke. Book your vacation in the Spring or Fall to get the benefit of beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Property management companies typically offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Look for your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guides contain coupons for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Select vacation week and max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Piper Green: Dog friendly on nearly an acre, privacy and tranquility. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property manager before reserving the vacation property. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If your group is bringing pets, you'll need to search for a pet-friendly property. Request details on breed, size, and type requirements. Often, hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
- Does your family require particular amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Have a wonderful stay:
- Store the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, elevator or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents quite a few issues.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property while you are out, just like you would back home.
- Upon arrival, document any damages to the property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would've never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Just before checking out, complete a walk-through to make sure you didn't forget any personal items. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property owners rely on excellent feedback to compel more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.7 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.7 miles