The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $311/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Appreciate this Ocracoke Island vacation rental home located directly on Pamlico Sound. Unwind while watching passing fishing and enjoyment boats, sailboats and kayaks. Point of View offers a great location for launching your kayak. Explore the waters of close by Springer's Point Nature Preserve. Savor expansive vistas of Portsmouth Island, South Point and Ocracoke Inlet.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: First floor bedroom with Queen Bed. Second floor offers a bedroom with Queen Bed and a bedroom with Double and Daybed. Full Bath on the first and second floor.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, 2 cable TVs and DVD player. Free wireless internet access. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers two covered porches, one modest second floor deck and a private beach. Outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not provide linens.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. min. limit of 4 cars.
Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with Queen. Hallway bathroom with tub/shower and stackable washer/dryer. Covered decks off the kitchen and living area.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen and bedroom with Double and Daybed (twin). Sitting area with TV. Hallway bathroom with tub/shower. Modest open deck off Queen bedroom.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Ocracoke Lighthouse and British Cemetery are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Ocracoke rental home tips and tricks:
Getting the most from your budget:
- Book your rental home in Fall or Spring to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacations during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some owners offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family.
- Booking websites typically offer customers an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines that include special deals, either offered directly by local companies, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to choose and book the best Ocracoke vacation home:
- To start, have your family commit to dates and a budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your family requires. Point Of View: Relax on the deck watching passing boats and kayaks. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is normally available on booking websites. If not, reach out to the property owner before reserving the vacation home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches.
- If there's an individual Ocracoke attraction you long to visit, browse homes that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking.
- If your group is bringing pets, you'll need to book a rental that allows animals. Make sure to ask for details on breed, size, and type requirements. Note that some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
Tips to have a great stay:
- Take a copy of the host's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- During arrival, record any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a great source for finding the best local attractions.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental property while you're away! Don't let crooks spoil your vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected everything. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the rental one final time and look for any damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a excellent time? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles