For bird lovers, the Outer Banks is hard to beat. This delicate chain of barrier islands is not only home to dozens of different native shorebirds, but also thousands of migrating birds who make a rest stop on the Outer Banks every year. Add to this the fact that the islands have hundreds of miles of deserted beaches, maritime forest, and marshlands for species to quietly flourish, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is literally for the birds.
- As low as $182/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- Pet friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Travel crib
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This artistic bungalow in a private Ocracoke neighborhood is as unique and impressive as the shell for which it is named. Olivella has a special feel created by an open floor plan, high ceilings, eclectic artwork and antique lamps. Appreciate sitting on porches and decks including one on the roof to take in the exceptional sunsets, stars and Pamlico Sound. This beautiful home has a entirely equipped kitchen that is sure to provide a comfortable and calming stay during both summer and winter holiday seasons.
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs, and 2 DVD players.
The kitchen offers 4 bottle wine refrigerator. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. High chair.
Double door dog crate (42″L x 28″W x 30″H and includes an adjustable divider).
Outside, there is a covered front porch, a screened back porch with a dining table and chairs and a hammock for relaxing, a second-floor deck to catch the afternoon sun, and a lookout deck on the roof. Hot/cold outdoor shower, fish cleaning station, park-style charcoal grille, café’ table with chairs, and a concrete picnic bench.
No linens supplied. No Smoking.
Pet Friendly. Limit of 2 Animals.
Military Discount Available.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with queen bed, TV/DVD, and semi-private bath with shower. Laundry closet.
Second Floor: Primary bedroom with king bed and primary bath with soaking tub and separate shower. Primary bedroom with king bed and private half bath.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tricks and tips to get the best vacation property experience:
Get the most from your rental budget:
- Booking a rental in Fall or Spring is our best tip for saving money on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacations during holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Many property management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to pick the best vacation home:
- Choose vacation week and maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Olivella: Pet friendly, artistic, eclectic artwork, decks, porches. has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly available on booking websites. If not, contact the property owner before you reserve the property. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If there's a certain Ocracoke attraction you crave, browse homes that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking.
- Some rentals allow pets, but some don't. Allowable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the owner about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
Tips to have a smooth stay:
- Get the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home. Store the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Upon check-in, document any damages to the property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or thermostat. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents quite a few issues.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a terrific resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental home while you are out. Keep your property safe!
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental to make sure you've collected all personal items. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on excellent feedback to propel future reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.5 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.8 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.8 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.8 miles