About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Savor this unique bungalow located on Ocracoke's Back Road. A Ferry Trail Ending is just a short walk to Silver Lake Harbor, unique stores, galleries, and dining. This bungalow is ideal for modest families or friends. Appreciate the uniqueness of two separate bungalow wings joined by a huge screened porch. Each wing offers its living, dining, kitchen areas, bedrooms, and bathroom. Three bedrooms and 2 Baths. The front section of the bungalow offers a sizable open living area with a TV and DVD player, a entirely equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and electric stove, one bedroom with a Queen bed and TV, and a Daybed in the alcove den. One full bath with shower. Guests will savor the front screened porch. The rear section offers a smaller living area with Sleeper Couch, kitchen with gas stove (no dishwasher), two bedrooms, each with a pyramid bed (double on bottom/twin on top). Full bath with tub/shower and washer/dryer. Conveniences include two kitchens, dishwasher (in front section), washer/dryer (rear section), two microwaves, complimentary wireless internet access, three cable TVs. 2 DVD players. Central air conditioning/heat. The exterior offers two screened porches, an open deck, a hot/cold outdoor shower, a picnic table, and a fish cleaning bench with water. Enclosed rear yard with four ft. fencing, ideal for the family pet. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limit of 4 cars. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum. Property Layout: Front Building: Open living area with TV, eat-in kitchen, and alcove den with Day Bed. Bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Bath with shower stall. The front building is connected to the rear building by the enormous screened porch. Rear Building: Open living area with Sleeper Couch, TV, and eat-in kitchen. Two bedrooms, each with a Pyramid Bed (double on bottom and twin on top). Entry door via living area and access to shared screened porch via one bedroom. Walk-thru bathroom with tub/shower and stackable washer/dryer. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be reserved when reserving your vacation property or added to your reservation any time before your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 per room
Tips to get the best Ocracoke rental experience:
Finding the best rental value:
- In the Ocracoke area, The earlier you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved very early. Booking your rental property six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental property.
- To get the best value, try changing your family's Ocracoke vacation dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer pleasant temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers often offer guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitor guide magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Choosing the best rental home:
- Choose a group leader, select your vacation week, and select a spending budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. A Ferry Trail Ending: Dog friendly, two wings joined by screened porch has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, email the property owner before booking the property. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to establish what configuration is optimal for your vacation family.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Pet fees or costs may be applied to your invoice.
- If there's a specific Ocracoke beach you crave, look for properties that are either close by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Some things to know before you go:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Save the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by locking the rental while you are gone, just like you would back home.
- To ensure that damages aren't linked to your family's visit, inspect for any problem areas during check in. text the host right away to relay any damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers disrupting your peaceful home life. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and places you would've never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed everything at departure. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the rental a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the property manager isn't available, take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on good feedback to drive new bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your experience find their best vacation rental. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles