About this Property
- Sleeps 5
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
The Tom Frank Gaskins bungalow (formerly TF Gaskill) was constructed in 1883 and is on the National Register of Historic Homes. Savor a vacation on Ocracoke Island in this historic island home. The bungalow is located on a modest unpaved private lane that conveniently leads to a footpath offering a short walk or bicycle ride to stores, galleries, eateries, and Silver Lake Harbor. 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 Queen and 2 Double beds. The second floor bedrooms are connected by a modest entry area (please see photos). A door at the top of the stairway provides privacy to the second floor. Conveniences include mini-split AC throughout the home, baseboard heat (no wood stove), ceiling fans, and complimentary wireless internet access. Cable TV with DVD and Blu-ray player. Stackable washer/dryer. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. Appreciate the front screened porch, outdoor shower, and charcoal grille. No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limited Parking. Limit of 2 Vehicles. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum. What's New for 2022: Home will be raised to roughly 7-8 feet above ground Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen and dining area with washer/dryer. Living room with TV. Bedroom with Queen bed. Hallway bath with shower stall. Second Floor: Adjoining bedrooms, each with a Double bed. Hallway bathroom with claw foot tub. A single doorway at the top of the stairs serves the second floor. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time before your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit are cultural highlights.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
Ocracoke rental home booking tips:
How to get the best rental value:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Booking your Ocracoke vacation rental in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is our favorite way to save money on your vacation. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable homes.
- Hosts sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Ask your property manager if discounts are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer customers an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Often, property management companies supply Ocracoke area visitors guide magazines which will include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Choosing the perfect rental in Ocracoke:
- Select vacation dates and maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Tom Frank Gaskins: Dog friendly historic home located near the harbor. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed types is generally available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the property manager before reserving the property. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and some do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Looking for specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
More tips for your stay:
- Add the property manager's information to your phone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are out, just like you would at home.
- To make sure that no damages are linked to your family's visit, inspect the property for any problem areas when you arrive. text the property manager immediately to document your findings. If there is a dispute, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Be a good neighbor. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- At departure, take a walk-through to make sure you did not forget anything. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on great reviews to inspire more bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will will be grateful for your feedback find their best rental home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles