The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This cheerfully decorated Ocracoke Island vacation home invites you to relax at this comfortable home on a private lane, offering marsh and distant sound vistas from an upstairs sitting area and porches. 4 bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with Queen, 2 with two Twins. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and DVD player. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers a screened porch with picnic table, decks, enclosed hot/cold outdoor shower and fish cleaning bench. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 4 cars. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. Property Layout: First Floor: Open floor plan with living area with TV and dining area. Kitchen. Bedroom with Queen bed. Two bedrooms, each with two Twin beds. Bath with tub/shower. Laundry area. Second Floor: Loft Sitting Area with TV. Bedroom with Queen Bed. Bath with tub/shower. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best Ocracoke rental home experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are high season in Ocracoke. Booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is our best tip for saving money on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your group qualifies for a discount.
- Booking websites typically offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guides that include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Planning, selecting, and booking the perfect Ocracoke rental home:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your vacation week, and select a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Someplace Else: Cheerfully decorated island home with marsh views. has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is regularly available on booking websites. If they are not listed, call the property management company before booking the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional pet fees or costs could be applied to your contract.
- Looking for special amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. .
During your stay:
- Store the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent many issues.
- Protect the owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Record any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are valuable if damages are assessed.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often a fantastic source for finding the best local beaches.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- At departure, take a walk-through to make sure you didn't leave anything behind. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the host isn't available, ensure that you take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a excellent vacation? Most rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.6 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.6 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.6 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.6 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.7 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.7 miles