Spring and fall visitors will notice the popularity of kiteboarding on the Outer Banks the moment they ride down a stretch of soundfront highway. In the off-season months, it's not unusual to spot dozens if not hundreds of multi-colored kites lining the skies over the Outer Banks' miles of sound waters.
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Off the Deep End features Ocracoke's only Private On-Site Indoor Heated Swimming Pool, a Hot Tub, sound and marsh vistas from upper deck, and so much more. Appreciate a one of a kind Ocracoke Island home offering comfortable furnishings, a generously equipped kitchen and spectacular amenities making it painless to relax on your Ocracoke vacation. Off the Deep End offers simple walking or cycling distance to Silver Lake Harbor, water sports, stores, galleries and multiple eateries. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with King, 3 bedrooms each with a Queen. A modest alcove on the second floor offers a twin bunk bed which offers flexible sleeping options. One bathroom has a whirlpool tub and separate 4' walk-in tiled shower. The second offers a tub/shower. Conveniences include indoor heated pool, central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 5 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. The eat-in kitchen includes a wine refrigerator. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. High chair. The exterior offers a *hot tub, hot/cold outdoor shower, deck, furnished screened and covered porch, picnic table, porch swing, hammock, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. No Canal Access. Hot Tub and Pool Season *Hot Tub and Indoor Pool are available March 13 through October 29, 2022. Pool heat will be available during pool season as long as the exterior temperature is 50 degrees or greater. During the heated season, pool temperature is maintained at roughly 80 degrees. The 12' X 20' private heated indoor pool ranges in depth from 3' to 5'. Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. min. 3 Vehicles. No Partial Week Stays. Property Layout: First Floor: Living Room with TV/DVD. Eat-in kitchen. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV. Full bath with tub/shower. Indoor pool accessed from kitchen or exterior. Second Floor: Two Bedrooms, each with a Queen bed, TV. Sleeping alcove with bunk bed. Full bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Laundry closet. Third Floor: Bedroom with King bed, TV. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Finding the best Ocracoke vacation rental experience:
Find your perfect vacation home:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- To find the best value, consider shifting your family's Ocracoke vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer great temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host if your family qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property managers typically offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Many property management companies supply Ocracoke area visitor guides that include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Filter your search:
- Select a group lead, choose your vacation dates, and select a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Off the Deep End: Indoor heated pool, hot tub, short walk to harbor. has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email the property management company before reserving the home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to work out what is optimal for your vacation.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional pet fees or costs could be applied to your agreement.
- Looking for special amenities? Most rental websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental.
Advice for your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Add a note with the instructions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, television set or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents lots of difficulties.
- Lock your rental while you're out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Note any issues with the rental at check in, and immediately contact the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be useful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome vacationers bothering your peace and quiet. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and places you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Upon check-out, complete a final walk-through to confirm you haven't forget anything. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a wonderful time? Most rental home management companies make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property management company was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was defective and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles