The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $417/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- No pets allowed
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This unique bungalow in the Oyster Creek area sits at the end of a canal and directly on the Pamlico Sound. It offers deep water docking and private sound side water access. Ideal for launching boats, kayaks, SUPs, and taking in grand vistas over the water. Unwind in the tower room or on one of the many decks- the indoor and outdoor space is yours to savor! After a day of calming on your own little beach rinse off in the outdoor shower. Or clean your fresh catch of the day after a hard-working day of fishing at the fish cleaning bench. Blue Oyster has all the amenities to make your vacation great! Three of the four bedrooms have deck access accepting you wake up and catch some of the most pretty sunrises. Grab a cup of coffee or in the evening a drink and appreciate the breeze on one of the many decks. Only linens are included. Inquire about towel units.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Our top Ocracoke rental booking tips and tricks:
Get the best value:
- Summer is high season in Ocracoke. Book your rental in Fall or Spring to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- The sooner you can reserve a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved early. Booking your vacation property up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Booking websites typically offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for specifics.
- Often, management companies supply Ocracoke area visitors guides which will include money-saving deals, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Planning and picking your prefect Ocracoke vacation home:
- Start by selecting a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Waterfront Home in Oyster Creek - Watch the sunrise from one of many decks. has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is generally accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, contact the host before booking the home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to establish which bed configuration is right for your group.
- If there's an individual Ocracoke beach you are crazy about, browse rentals that are either near by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- If your group is bringing pets, you'll need to book a rental that allows animals. Get details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Often, hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
Considerations for your stay:
- Take a copy of the owner's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property.
- To ensure that damages aren't attributed to your family's visit, inspect the property for any problem areas during check in. message the host right away to record any issues. If there is a dispute, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by locking the rental when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- When it's time to leave, complete a walk-through to make sure you have not leave anything behind. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on great reviews to compel future reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will appreciate that you share your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.7 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.6 miles