The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $481/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fishing nearby
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This unique bungalow in the Oyster Creek area sits at the end of a canal and directly on the Pamlico Sound. It offers deep water docking and private sound side water access. Ideal for launching boats, kayaks, SUPs, and taking in gorgeous vistas over the water. Unwind in the tower room or on one of the many decks- the indoor and outdoor space is yours to appreciate! After a day of calming on your own little beach rinse off in the outdoor shower. Or clean your fresh catch of the day after a hard-working day of fishing at the fish cleaning bench. Blue Oyster has all the amenities to make your vacation great! Three of the four bedrooms have deck access accepting you wake up and catch some of the most handsome sunrises. Grab a cup of coffee or in the evening a beverage and savor the breeze on one of the many decks. Only linens are supplied. Inquire about towel units.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. With fishing and swimming nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
How to book the best Ocracoke vacation property experience:
Get the most from your vacation rental budget:
- In the Ocracoke area, The earlier your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable properties are booked early. Booking your vacation home up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation home.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal NC. Booking your vacation rental in the Spring or Fall is a good way to save money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guides contain coupons for local tours and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Choose your vacation week and max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your family needs. Blue Oyster: Waterfront Home in Oyster Creek. Watch the sunrise from one of many decks. has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is often available on booking pages. If not, reach out to the property manager before you reserve the vacation property. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds. You'll need to establish what is right for your group.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Extra fees or applied to your invoice.
- Are you looking for unique amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are included before booking
Have a great stay:
- Add the host's information to your smartphone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, elevator or coffee maker. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent many difficulties.
- Keep your rental home locked while you're away! Don't let crooks spoil your family vacation.
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your stay, make a record of any problem areas during check in. message the property manager immediately to relay any damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors disrupting your peace and quiet. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would've not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently help. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected everything. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We advise inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Property managers rely on good feedback to stimulate more bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will will be grateful for your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.7 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.6 miles