Many newcomers to the Outer Banks who are browsing the local restaurants, shops and area attractions online or in the local guide books notice an interesting addition to the standard address. Besides the typical business name, street name, street number and town, many local businesses also include a Milepost number. This may initially appear to be an odd notation to include, but on the Outer Banks, this is incredibly helpful to new visitors on the lookout for a specific restaurant or shop.
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This roomy and comfortable island home offers a short walking distance to many local eateries and stores. Unwind on the covered porch. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 bedrooms with a King bed, 2 bedrooms each with 2 Twin beds. One bath with tub/shower, one bath with tub only. Conveniences include central air conditioning, heat, 4 cable TVs, 2 Blu-Ray DVDs and 2 standard DVD players. Washer and dryer. The exterior offrs a hot/cold outdoor shower, covered porch and charcoal grille. *This home does not provide linens. No Internet Access. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. min. Limit of 4 Vehicles. No Partial Week Stays. Property Layout: First Floor: Living Room with TV. Open Kitchen and Dining. Den. Bedroom with King bed, TV. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Laundry area. Second Floor: Bedroom with King bed, TV. Bedroom with Two Twin Beds. Bedroom with Two Twin Beds, TV. Hallway bath with tub only. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Pamlico Sound and Ocracoke Beach, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Rental property booking tips and tricks:
Finding your best deal:
- To find the best rental home within your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at the beach and popular Ocracoke attractions.
- The earlier you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved very early. Booking your vacation home up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your vacation rental.
- Some hosts and property managers offer promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer customers an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Many property management companies supply Ocracoke area visitors guides which often include special deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Filter your search:
- Start by selecting potential vacation weeks and a budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Island Cat: This spacious and comfortable island home has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is often accessible online. If not, email the property management company before you book the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches.
- Visiting for a single attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. .
- Some properties allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable breeds and types before booking.
During your stay:
- Add the owner's contact information to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To make certain that no damages are linked to your stay, make note of any problem areas during arrival. Get in touch with the host immediately to document your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, stereo or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents many concerns.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often a fantastic resource to find the best local beaches.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your vacation home while you're away. Protect your property!
- Re-check the vacation property to confirm that you've packed all personal items on check-out day. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a terrific vacation? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property manager was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.1 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.1 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.1 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.1 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles