Spring and fall visitors will notice the popularity of kiteboarding on the Outer Banks the moment they ride down a stretch of soundfront highway. In the off-season months, it's not unusual to spot dozens if not hundreds of multi-colored kites lining the skies over the Outer Banks' miles of sound waters.
About this PropertyLa Fortezza will be joining our rental program in mid-July. Reservations are not yet available. Please continue to visit our website for refreshed information. La Fortezza is a roomy, gorgeous home that sits on a vast lot directly on Pamlico Sound. An abundance of windows gives natural light, and two covered porches offer unobstructed vistas of the sound, ideal for watching the passing boats and birdwatching. The huge eat-in kitchen has bespoke cabinets, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and a backsplash with hand-made tiles. Elevator access to all floors. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Three bedrooms each with a king. One bedroom with a bunk bed. A double-size murphy bed on the third floor. The exterior offers an outdoor shower and park-style charcoal grille. La Fortezza has a nice grassed yard leading to Pamlico Sound with a bulkhead and walk-out. Sheets and towels included. Beds are made for your arrival. No Smoking and No Vaping. No Family Animals Accepted. No partial stays. Property Layout: First Floor: Bedroom with King Bed. Shared Bathroom. Second Floor: Living Area with TV. Kitchen. Bedroom with King Bed, TV. Bedroom with King Bed. Shared Bathroom. Third Floor: Second Living Area with double sized murphy bed. TV. Deck Access. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send you printed tourism guides with special deals for lodging, dining and activities. These guides can provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Are your vacation dates changeable? The off-peak shoulder seasons can offer terrific rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for price reductions. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling group qualifies for a special offer.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific groups of vacationers. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. If there's a certain Ocracoke atteaction that you love, search for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Property management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their clients an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to discover just how many rental homes are available in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to come across a vacation home which matches their wishes and spending plan.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their properties, management companies are critical in assisting guests with reserving, check-in, housekeeping services, and any routine service issues that may arise.
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Finding and booking the best rental property:
Before you book "La Fortezza: Soundfront, large yard, covered porches, small dock.", go through our brief list of considerations.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke vacation rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of your vacation. A lot of visitors decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Quite often, the most challenging portion of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, the rest becomes simplier and easier.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental
Confirm who is traveling, and just how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you'll need. Remember that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Create a Spending Limit
The majority of rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the cost for your preferred week. It may be at the top end of the range. If several groups or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure each party knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. One member of your party must be in charge of gathering repayments and accepting responsibility for the whole rental price at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is the group trying to find? Do you simply desire a rental home with a pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or near restaurants? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental home charge? Create a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Do a few people in your group have specialized needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. Most vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the group travelling with a four-legged friend? Pet guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and dog breeds can be controlled. Don't forget to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local companies will often have an exclusive collection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. This is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Study the Entire Contract
Read the whole agreement and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides comfort should catastrophe strike.
Once you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage soon after you arrive. We also recommend immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any required repairs.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. More often than not, nearby residences are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Always make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to be certain no damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Many rental home management companies and rental home sites allow customers to give reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything was wrong and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
How did they feel about the rental choice? Maybe everything ended up being exceptional and you are excited to reserve the same rental home for next year. If not, you've gained valuable rental search experience that will help with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles