The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $642/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Ceiling fan
- Charcoal grill
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Free WiFi
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Porch or lanai
- Shared bathroom
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
La Fortezza is a roomy, charming home that sits on a vast lot directly on Pamlico Sound. An abundance of windows gives natural light throughout the home. Unwind and surround yourself with the most spectacular unobstructed sound front vistas on one of the two covered porches, ideal for watching the passing boats and birdwatching. The huge eat-in kitchen has bespoke cabinets, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and a backsplash with hand-made tiles. When you arrive, unpacking will be a breeze using the elevator for suitcases and groceries. It is really a impressive home for the most discriminating guest! 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Three cavernous bedrooms, each with a king. One bedroom with a bunk bed. A double-size murphy bed on the third floor. One bath with Shower Only. One bath with tub/shower. The many fine amenities of this gorgeous home will assure you of a memorable vacation on Ocracoke! Conveniences include complimentary wireless Internet access, 3 TVs, and 1 DVD player. Central air conditioning/heat and ceiling fans. Washer and dryer. High chair and Pack-N-Play. Dishwasher, microwave, and a standard and Keurig coffee maker. Elevator access to all floors. The exterior offers an outdoor shower and park-style charcoal grille. La Fortezza has a alluring grassed yard, a bulkhead, a sea wall, and a modest pier (no boat dockage). Sheets and towels included. Beds are made for your arrival, with the exception of the top bunk. No Smoking and No Vaping. No Animals Accepted. No Partial Week Stays. Property Layout: First Floor: One Bedroom with a King Bed and TV. One Bedroom with a King Bed. One Bedroom with a Bunk Bed. Shared Bath with tub/shower combo. Second Floor: Living Area with TV. Kitchen. Bedroom with King Bed. Shared Bathroom. Covered porch. Third Floor: Second Living Area with double sized murphy bed. TV. Covered Porch.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best Ocracoke vacation rental experience:
Finding your perfect rental home:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Ocracoke. To get the best value, try changing your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer great temperatures, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules often open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property managers often offer their guests an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, travel guides contain deals for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Start by having your group decide on date ranges and a spending budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. La Fortezza: Soundfront, large yard, covered porches, small dock. has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is almost always accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, email or call the host before you book your rental. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches. You will need to work out what is best for your group.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? If so, use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
- If your group is bringing pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Make sure to ask for information on breed, size, and type requirements. Some hosts charge additional pet fees.
Some things to know before you go:
- Be sure you get the host's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your . We recommend storing the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Record any issues with the property during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the host. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are beneficial if damages are assessed.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respect your neighbors. Often, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental while you are away. Keep your property safe!
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to confirm that you've packed everything on check-out day. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your group have a terrific stay? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.7 miles