With 150 miles of pristine coastline, and some of the East Coast's largest swaths of undisturbed maritime forest, the Outer Banks is a popular destination for nature lovers. As an important spot on America's "Flyway," which is the route that migrating birds take on their northern and southern treks across the country, the Outer Banks is the temporary home to hundreds of species of birds. Combine this with the number of deer, foxes, waterfowl, fish, turtles, and even alligators, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is truly a wild vacation destination.
- As low as $316/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 9
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Ceiling fan
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- No pets allowed
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
You will really appreciate your vacation in this modern and elegantly decorated 4 bedroom vacation home located on Ocracoke Island. Unwind in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. Savor fantastic vistas from rooftop deck.
The landscaped yard offers an outdoor seating area and accepts for painless passage to the Myrtlewood Cottage - book both homes for the ideal combination for the huge family or group of friends. This roomy home has all the amenities to make your stay comfortable, calming and memorable.
4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with two Twins, 1 with Pyramid Bed (double on bottom, twin on top).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary internet access, cable TV, and a DVD player. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, decks, rooftop deck, hot/cold outdoor shower, hammock, deck swing and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not provide linens.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
Save 10% off the base rent if you reserve both WV17 and WV19 for the same week! You must call the office upon booking to receive your discount. The combination of WV17 and WV19, provides 7 Bedrooms, 2 Full kitchens, 5 Full Bathrooms and 2 Half Baths.
First Floor: Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with Pyramid bed (double on bottom and twin on top). Bedroom with two Twin beds and Bedroom with Queen bed with shared Bath with tub/shower. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining, living area with TV/DVD, and breakfast nook. Sitting Room. Half Bath.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
How to get the best Ocracoke rental home experience:
Getting the most from your rental budget:
- Summer time is high season in Ocracoke. To get the largest rental home within budget, we highly recommend booking in the Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at popular Ocracoke attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- The sooner you can book a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are reserved very early. Booking your rental six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Booking websites often offer guests an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, travel guide magazines have deals for local accommodations and attractions.
Planning and choosing yourrental home:
- Select a group lead, choose your vacation week, and select a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Savanna: Enjoy fantastic views off the roof top deck. has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts is regularly available online. If you don't see them listed, call the host before reserving your home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches. You'll need to establish which bed configuration is right for your vacation.
- Does your group require special amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
- Traveling with pets? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional pet fees or could be applied to your contract.
Have a fantastic stay:
- Get the host's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property.
- To ensure that damages aren't attributed to your stay, record any problem areas during check in. Make contact with the property manager right away to report any damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, intercom or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents many difficulties.
- Respect your neighbors. Frequently, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental property while you are out! Don't let burglars spoil your trip.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental to reconfirm you've collected everything. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on good feedback to compel more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles