- As low as $243/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Contentment. The name says it all! This Ocracoke vacation home is located in the peaceful Jackson Dunes neighborhood on elegant Ocracoke Island. Unwind in the Adirondack chairs, read a book on the screened porch, dine outdoors, or lounge on the upper deck.
There is plenty of room to spread out and relax with two separate living areas! Both living areas include enormous flat-screen internet TVs. Appreciate the gorgeous unobstructed sound, marsh, and even distant ocean vistas from the top floor cupola or upper deck.
4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with King, 2 with Queen, 1 with Bunk Bed and Twin. Both bathrooms offer showers.
Additional amenities include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, and three internet TVs (no cable or satellite service). The second-floor den offers a mini-refrigerator and wet bar. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival with the exception of the top bunk.
The exterior offers a huge screened porch, decks, picnic table, deck swing, hot/cold outdoor shower, park-style charcoal grille, and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 4 cars.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with a Twin bed and Bunk bed. Hallway bath with shower.
Second Floor: Bedroom with King bed, TV. Second living area with TV. Hallway bath with shower.
Third Floor: Modest cupola with seating.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Vacation rental tips and tricks:
Getting the best rental home value:
- Summer months are high season in the Ocracoke area. Book your vacation home in Spring or Fall to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer.
- The sooner you can book, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family.
- Property management companies usually offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Look for your local Ocracoke area magazine upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guide magazines contain coupons for nearby shops and restaurants.
Planning and choosing the perfect Ocracoke rental home:
- Start by having your family agree to date ranges and a max budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Contentment: Spacious home, den, screened porch, marsh views. has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often available online. If you don't see them listed, contact the property management company before you reserve your rental. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? Try a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking
- If your family is traveling with pets, you'll need to search for a pet-friendly rental. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, weight, and type requirements. Some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
Considerations for your stay:
- Add the owner's contact information to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Make a record of any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are helpful if there is a dispute.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can typically help. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your vacation home while you are away. Keep your property safe!
- Double-check the property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings on check-out day. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the rental one final time and look for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the host is not available, ensure that you take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your family have a fantastic vacation? Many rental managers make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property management company was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.8 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.8 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.9 miles