About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Contentment. The name says it all! This Ocracoke vacation home is located in the peaceful Jackson Dunes neighborhood on striking Ocracoke Island. Unwind in the Adirondack chairs, read a book on the screened porch, dine outdoors, or lounge on the upper deck. There is plenty of room to spread out and relax with two separate living areas! Both living areas include sizable flat-screen TVs. Savor the enchanting unobstructed sound, marsh, and even distant ocean vistas from the top floor cupola or upper deck. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with King, 2 with Queen, 1 with Bunk Bed and Twin. One bath with shower only and one bath with claw foot tub with shower attachment. Additional amenities include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, five flat-screen cable TVs, and 2 DVDs. The second-floor den offers a mini-refrigerator and wet bar. Washer and dryer. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers a huge screened porch, decks, picnic table, deck swing, hot/cold outdoor shower, park-style charcoal grille, and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 4 cars. No Partial Week Stays. Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV. Bedroom with a Twin bed and Bunk bed. Hallway bath with shower. Second Floor: Bedroom with King bed, TV. Second living area with TV/DVD. Bath with claw foot tub with shower attachment. Third Floor: Modest cupola with seating. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be reserved when reserving your vacation property or added to your reservation any time before your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Vacation rental booking tips:
When to book & When to go:
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner your group can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation homes are booked early. Reserving your vacation home up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Summertime is high season in Ocracoke. Book your Ocracoke rental home in Fall or Spring to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property managers often offer guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local information, visitor guide magazines have discounts for nearby tours and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Begin by selecting vacation dates and a budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration you need. Contentment: Spacious home, den, screened porch, marsh views. has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually available on booking websites. If they are not listed, reach out to the property manager before reserving the home. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional pet fees or charges may be applied to your contract.
- Are you looking for particular amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your phone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, stereo or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are out, just like you would at home.
- To make sure damages aren't linked to your family's visit, inspect the property for any problem areas during check in. Make contact with the host right away to report any issues. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are an excellent source for finding the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Just prior to departing, take a final walk-through to confirm you didn't forget anything. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos and video of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent ratings to compel future reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your review find their best vacation home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.8 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.8 miles