The Southern Outer Banks, particularly Ocracoke Island, is notorious as the stomping grounds for some of history's most infamous pirates. Notable swashbucklers from Calico Jack to Anne Bonney and Mary Reed, arguably the most famous women pirates, have made a splash in this area, robbing privateers blind and making intricate, sneaky escapes in the inlets and soundside waters off of these barrier islands.
- As low as $314/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 10
- Smoke-free property
- Travel crib
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
This bright and cavernous pet-friendly island home is ideal for family gatherings with its open floor plan. You will appreciate preparing your vacation meals in the roomy kitchen. The Lost Puppy is located in the fashionable residential neighborhood of Jackson Dunes away from the hustle and bustle. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 bedrooms with King, 1 bedroom with two Pyramid Beds (Twin on Top/Double on Bottom) and 1 bedroom with a Day Bed with Trundle. Additional amenities include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs, a DVD player, and a Blu-Ray DVD player. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers a nice sized deck for appreciating the sunshine, a sizable furnished screened porch, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille, and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking. No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum. Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV. Bedroom with King Bed. Bedroom with Day Bed with Trundle and TV. Semi-private bath with tub/shower. Laundry closet. Second Floor: Bedroom with King. Bedroom with two Pyramid Beds (each with Double on the bottom and Twin on top). Shared bath with shower stall. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your vacation property or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Pamlico Sound and Springer's Point Preserve. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Finding the best Ocracoke rental home experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer.
- The earlier you can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your vacation property six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and book your rental property.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Booking websites frequently offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Look for your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great information, travel guides contain coupons for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Make a plan and choose yourrental home:
- Begin by choosing your potential vacation weeks and a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. The Lost Puppy: Dog friendly home in Jackson Dunes has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is usually accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, reach out to the host before reserving the vacation home. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Are you looking for particular amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Some properties allow pets, but others do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask your host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
More tips for your stay:
- Add the property manager's contact info to your smartphone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental during check in, and immediately send them to the host. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be very helpful if a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, elevator or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an incredible resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Lock your rental while you are out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the property to make sure you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a fantastic vacation? Most rental websites make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property management company was terrific, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was imperfect and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.7 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.7 miles