The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
This bright and roomy pet-friendly island home is ideal for family gatherings with its open floor plan. You will savor preparing your vacation meals in the cavernous kitchen. The Lost Puppy is located in the fashionable residential neighborhood of Jackson Dunes away from the hustle and bustle. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 bedrooms with King, 1 bedroom with two Pyramid Beds (Twin on Top/Double on Bottom) and 1 bedroom with a Day Bed with Trundle. Additional amenities include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs, a DVD player, and a Blu-Ray DVD player. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers a nice sized deck for appreciating the sunshine, a sizable furnished screened porch, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille, and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking. No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum. Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV. Bedroom with King Bed. Bedroom with Day Bed with Trundle and TV. Semi-private bath with tub/shower. Laundry closet. Second Floor: Bedroom with King. Bedroom with two Pyramid Beds (each with Double on the bottom and Twin on top). Shared bath with shower stall. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your vacation property or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
Getting the best rental home experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- The earlier your group can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved early. Reserving your rental home up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Summer is the most expensive season along the coast of NC. Reserve your Ocracoke rental home in the Spring or Fall to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property management companies frequently offer customers an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, visitors guides contain deals for local shops and restaurants.
Filter your rental search:
- Select a group leader, choose your trip dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration you need. The Lost Puppy: Dog friendly home in Jackson Dunes has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always available on booking websites. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve your rental. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you will need a pet-friendly property. Make sure to ask for information on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Note that some property owners charge additional pet fees.
- Is your family looking for specific amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Remember to confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental
- Add the property manager's contact information to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your vacation home while you are out and about. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Document any damages to the property during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be helpful if a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable vacationers bothering your peaceful home life. Use the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and places you would've never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the property to confirm you've collected all belongings. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and scan for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the manager isn't available, take pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Did your group have a great time? Many rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or host was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was out of order and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.7 miles