Swimming is a local sport that never goes out of style on the Outer Banks, and with literally miles of ocean and sound waters to paddle around, there's no shortage of refreshing locales to enjoy a dip. Vacationers will find they have their choice of swimming destinations, from the fun and challenging ocean waves, to the shallow splashing waters of the sound, to the assortment of public and community pools found all along the islands.
- As low as $432/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Fenced yard
- Limited onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Appreciate amazing spectacular vistas of Ocracoke Island's broad salt marsh, maritime forest, and wildlife from the upper viewing deck or the breezy lower-level screened porch. Safe Harbor combines comfortable indoor living space with a excellent screened porch off of the living area. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 Bedrooms each with Queen, 1 Bedroom with 2 Twin beds and one Bedroom with Twin and Trundle. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet, four cable TVs, and a Blu-Ray DVD player. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers ample areas for outdoor relaxation, including both a screened porch and an open deck. The upper deck is ideal for sunbathing with privacy, expansive vistas, and a outstanding breeze. Savor the hot/cold outdoor shower and park-style charcoal grille. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. Family Animals Accepted. No Partial Stays. No Smoking. Parking is limited to 2 cars. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. What's new for 2022: Pets Accepted. Linens included. Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TVDVD. Bedroom with Queen, TV. Hallway bath with tub/shower. Laundry closet. Second Floor: Three bedrooms. Bedroom with Queen. Bedroom with 2 Twin beds and Bedroom with Twin and Trundle. Hallway bath with shower stall. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time before your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Pamlico Sound and Springer's Point Preserve.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
How to book the best Ocracoke rental home experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are high season in the Ocracoke area. Reserving a rental home in Fall or Spring is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Property managers sometimes offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers usually offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Look for your local Ocracoke area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, travel guide magazines contain deals for nearby accommodations and attractions.
Planning and choosing the right Ocracoke vacation home:
- Begin by selecting your potential vacation weeks and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Safe Harbor: Expansive views of the salt marsh, maritime forest. has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is almost always accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property owner before reserving the vacation home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If your family is bringing pets, you must reserve a rental that allows animals. Ask for information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Note that some property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
- Is your group looking for specific amenities? Most websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
More tips for your stay:
- Take a copy of the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your .
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental while you're out and about. Protect your property!
- Upon check-in, make note of any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud vacationers bothering your peaceful neighborhood. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental property to make sure you've collected all of your things. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property managers rely on excellent feedback to drive future bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will will be grateful for your feedback find their best rental home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.8 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.8 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.8 miles