About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Appreciate an Ocracoke vacation at Bluefin. This cheerful and inspiring home is filled with nautical and eclectic artwork. The kitchen offers an inspiring workspace for the chef in the group. Savor amazing vistas from both the home's interior and exterior decks and comfortably furnished screened porch. Dine in or on the huge screened porch. Bluefin is the closest home to Ocracoke's fabulous beaches. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 King, 1 Queen, 2 with two Twins. Central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 3 Satellite TVs, 1 DVD and 1 Blu-Ray DVD. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers a sizable screened porch with dining table for eight and seating area, decks, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 4 cars. No Partial Week Stays. *Gym Access - guests receive two complimentary passes for use at Angie's Gym located on Sand Dollar Road. Passes entitle guests to access the gym throughout their entire stay. Conveniences include cardio and strength equipment and complimentary weights. Property Layout: Single story home: Open kitchen and dining area. Living room with TV/DVD. One bedroom with a bed queen and a TV. One bedroom with a king and TV. Two bedrooms each with two Twin beds. Hallway bath with tub/shower and hallway bath with shower stall. Ground Level: Washer and dryer in ground level laundry shed. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Ocracoke Beach and Springer's Point Preserve, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the optimal Ocracoke vacation property experience:
When to book a Ocracoke rental home & When to go:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Ocracoke. Book your rental property in Fall or Spring months to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Often, property management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guides which will include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Finding the perfect vacation home in Ocracoke:
- Select a designated group leader, select your trip dates, and select a budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration you need. Bluefin: Nautical and eclectic artwork, and amazing marsh views. has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is regularly available online. If they are not listed, call the property management company before you reserve the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches.
- Some properties allow pets, but some do not. Acceptable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the owner about pets before booking.
- Are you looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Some things to know before you go:
- Add the property manager's contact information to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent lots of concerns.
- Keep the property locked while you are gone! Don't let thieves ruin your holiday.
- At Check-in, document any damages to the property and immediately alert the owner. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor. Often, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the property to make sure you've collected all of your things. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the rental a final time and look for any damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can. If the property manager isn't available, take photographs of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on great feedback to propel future bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.1 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.1 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.8 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.8 miles