The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Tucked in a century old grove of live oaks with Spanish moss, this traditional low-country beach home has a modern southwestern interior. Serene canal location. Breathtaking neighboring salt marsh view, shared dock, bulkhead, fish cleaning bench and huge rear yard. Professionally designed and decorated, with double height ceiling in living room and cathedral ceilings throughout. Separate bed and bath wings - ideal for enormous group or 2 families. Two sizable screened porches including one conveniently located off the gourmet country kitchen. Southern Comfort is an amazingly private property despite having neighbors across the street. Tucked away in a residential neighborhood, at the very end of the road. To one side, savor the privacy offered by the adjoining neighbor’s broad private property and Southern Comfort's treed back yard. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with two Twins, 1 with two sets of Bunk Beds. One bath has a whirlpool tub. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 3 TVs, including one retractable 47 inch Intelligent TV in the great room. With the ease of a remote control, you can stow away the great room TV to appreciate unobstructed marsh vistas. Three DVD players. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers shared *boat dockage, bulkhead, two screened porches, deck swing, a hot/cold outdoor shower w/view and gas grille. Kayak access including a kayak step launch is located at the rear bulkheaded canal. Tandem kayak. Life jackets are not included, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be happy to assist. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. Pet Friendly. Limit 3 cars. Shared Dockage for 2 boats. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. *Boat dockage at this property is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our friendly staff will contact you. Property Layout: Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Two bedrooms, each with a Queen bed, TV/DVD. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Bedroom with two Bunk beds. Bath with tub/shower. Bath with whirlpool tub. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Getting the best Ocracoke rental home experience:
When to book & When to go:
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner your group can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved early. Reserving your vacation property up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in Ocracoke. To find the best value, consider shifting your family's Ocracoke vacation to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer great temperatures, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months.
- Owners sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Ask your host or property manager if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Property management companies usually offer guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guide magazines have coupons for nearby shops and restaurants.
Planning and picking a perfectrental:
- Select a group leader, choose your trip dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family requires. Southern Comfort: Pet Friendly, tucked among live oaks, salt marsh views. has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly available on booking pages. Otherwise, reach out to the property owner before you book your home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds. You'll need to determine what is right for your vacation family.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you will need a pet-friendly property. Ask for details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Some property owners charge additional pet fees.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction? Use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
Advice for your stay:
- Take a copy of the host's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property. Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, intercom or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent quite a few concerns.
- Keep the property locked while you are out! Don't let crooks spoil your trip.
- Note any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are very helpful if there is a dispute.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers disrupting your peace. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all personal belongings. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, remember to take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent reviews to propel new bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will will be grateful for your experience find their best vacation home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.6 miles