If you know where to look, the Outer Banks can be a beachcomber's paradise. With miles of shoreline to explore, hidden beaches that are relatively untouched, and literally piles of shells washing up on the beaches after a storm, shelling on the OBX beaches is simply a matter of timing and area expertise.
- As low as $363/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Fish cleaning table on site
- Fishing nearby
- Kayak on site
- Limited onsite parking
- Living room
- On the waterfront
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 10
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Tucked in a century old grove of live oaks with Spanish moss, this traditional low-country beach home has a modern southwestern interior. Serene canal location. Breathtaking neighboring salt marsh view, shared dock, bulkhead, fish cleaning bench and huge rear yard. Professionally designed and decorated, with double height ceiling in living room and cathedral ceilings throughout. Separate bed and bath wings - ideal for enormous group or 2 families. Two sizable screened porches including one conveniently located off the gourmet country kitchen. Southern Comfort is an amazingly private property despite having neighbors across the street. Tucked away in a residential neighborhood, at the very end of the road. To one side, appreciate the privacy offered by the adjoining neighbor’s broad private property and Southern Comfort's treed back yard. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with two Twins, 1 with two sets of Bunk Beds. One bath has a whirlpool tub. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 3 TVs, including one retractable 47 inch Intelligent TV in the great room. With the ease of a remote control, you can stow away the great room TV to savor unobstructed marsh vistas. Three DVD players. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers shared *boat dockage, bulkhead, two screened porches, deck swing, a hot/cold outdoor shower w/view and gas grille. Kayak access including a kayak step launch is located at the rear bulkheaded canal. Tandem kayak. Life jackets are not included, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be happy to assist. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. Pet Friendly. Limit 3 cars. Shared Dockage for 2 boats. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. *Boat dockage at this property is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our friendly staff will contact you. Property Layout: Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Two bedrooms, each with a Queen bed, TV/DVD. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Bedroom with two Bunk beds. Bath with tub/shower. Bath with whirlpool tub. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Pamlico Sound and Springer's Point Preserve. With motor boating and fishing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Strategies to get the very best Ocracoke vacation home experience:
Getting the most from your vacation rental budget:
- Summer is high season in the Ocracoke area. To find the best value, consider shifting your group's vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer warmer weather, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic.
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer vacations during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Often, management companies supply Ocracoke area visitors guides that include special deals, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Choosing and booking your prefect Ocracoke vacation home:
- Select a designated group leader, select your vacation dates, and select a max budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Southern Comfort: Pet Friendly, tucked among live oaks, salt marsh views. has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally available online. If not, email or call the property owner before booking the home. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches. You'll need to determine what is optimal for your vacation group.
- Is your family looking for unique amenities? Most websites include amenity lists and search filters. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking.
- Some properties allow pets, and some don't. Allowable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property manager about pets before booking.
More tips for your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the instructions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- Upon arrival, record any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the owner. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, intercom or coffee maker. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent many difficulties.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome vacationers disrupting your home life. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental while you are away. Protect your property!
- Double-check the property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items on check-out day. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the host is not available, ensure that you take photographs of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your group have a terrific stay? Many rental home management companies make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or host was terrific, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.6 miles