Ocracoke's long history has some interesting highlights, but none of the local legends and legacies are as far-reaching or as popular as the island's local pirates. As the temporary home to a crew of notorious buccaneers, including Blackbeard himself, Ocracoke is the destination of choice for pirate lovers who want to explore the stomping grounds of the island's most notorious residents.
- As low as $221/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 1 bathroom
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Balcony or patio
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- No pets allowed
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke-free property
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Indulge in a calming and secluded getaway at Evening Shade, where privacy and relaxation take center stage. Located away from the bustling Loop Road, this striking home provides a convenient walk to the iconic Ocracoke Lighthouse and the enchanting Springer's Point Preserve. 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 bedroom with King bed, 1 with Queen bed and 1 with two Twin beds. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet, and satellite TV. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers ample areas for outdoor relaxation, including a screened porch and great yard space. Savor the hot/cold outdoor shower and a picnic table. Evening Shade offers one off-site Boat Slip with a fish bench on Silver Lake Harbor, a kayak access path, and parking for one car. If you would like to utilize the boat dock, please note when making your reservation in the special request section. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival. Property Layout: First Floor: Living area with TV, kitchen, dining, laundry room. Bedroom with king bed and TV. Shared bath with tub/shower. Screened porch. Second Floor: Bedroom with queen and bedroom with two twin beds. Hallway bathroom with tub/shower.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Looking to get your feet wet? Motor boating and fishing adventures can be found near the property.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to get the best rental experience:
How to get the best value:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in coastal NC. Book your Ocracoke rental in the Fall or Spring to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- The earlier you can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved very early. Reserving your rental home up to 12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and book your rental home.
- Property managers sometimes offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your host or property manager if discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guide magazines contain offers and deals for nearby tours and attractions.
Planning and picking the perfect Ocracoke vacation home:
- Choose vacation week and maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration you need. Evening Shade: Secluded Home Near Lighthouse Off-Site Boat Slip has 3 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, contact the host before you book the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? Try a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Remember to confirm all required amenities are included before booking
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you must book a rental that allows animals. Ask for specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Note that some property owners charge additional pet fees.
Considerations for your stay:
- Add the property manager's contact info to your phone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- To make sure damages are not linked to your family's visit, make note of any problem areas upon check in. Speak to the property manager right away to document any damages. If there is a dispute, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often an excellent resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Upon check-out, take a final walk-through to confirm you haven't leave anything behind. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave a review! Hosts rely on excellent reviews to inspire new bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles