With 150 miles of pristine coastline, and some of the East Coast's largest swaths of undisturbed maritime forest, the Outer Banks is a popular destination for nature lovers. As an important spot on America's "Flyway," which is the route that migrating birds take on their northern and southern treks across the country, the Outer Banks is the temporary home to hundreds of species of birds. Combine this with the number of deer, foxes, waterfowl, fish, turtles, and even alligators, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is truly a wild vacation destination.
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Appreciate privacy and relaxation at Evening Shade. This home is tucked off Loop Road and offers a convenient walk to the Ocracoke Lighthouse and Springer’s Point Preserve. 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 bedroom with King bed, 1 with Queen bed and 1 with two Twin beds. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet and satellite TV. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers ample areas for outdoor relaxation including a screened porch and ample yard space. Savor the hot/cold outdoor shower and a picnic table. Evening Shade guests appreciate one complimentary off-site boat slip on Silver Lake Harbor along with kayak access. Fish bench on Silver Lake Harbor. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. What's New for 2021: Evening Shade offers one off-site Boat Slip with fish bench on Silver Lake Harbor, kayak access path and parking for one car. If you would like to utilize the boat dock, please note in the special request section when making your reservation. Property Layout: First Floor: Living area with TV, kitchen, dining, laundry room. Bedroom with king bed and TV. Shared bath with tub/shower. Screened porch. Second Floor: Bedroom with queen and bedroom with two twin beds. Hallway bathroom with tub/shower. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Deepwater Theater and Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the perfect Ocracoke vacation home experience:
When to reserve a Ocracoke rental home & When to go:
- The earlier you can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are reserved early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal NC. Booking your Ocracoke vacation rental in the Fall or Spring is an excellent way to save money on your vacation rental. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable properties.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer customers an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guides which include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Filter your search:
- Choose a group leader, choose your vacation dates, and choose a budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Evening Shade: Secluded Home Near Lighthouse Off-Site Boat Slip has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is commonly available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email or call the host before reserving your home. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to establish what is suitable for your family.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or charges could be applied to your agreement.
- Are you looking for particular amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
Have a fantastic stay:
- Get the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Record any issues with the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and places you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all of your things. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a fantastic stay? Most rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles