Beach canopies and umbrellas create shade, lower ambient temperatures and block UV rays on hot, sunny Summer days. Sitting under the canopy of a quality beach umbrella can make the difference between comfort and sweltering. When choosing an umbrella, we look for durability, wind ratings, weight and size.
- As low as $168/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Located just across the street from Pamlico Sound on Ocracoke Island. Savor the huge wraparound deck and screened porch with vistas of the salt marsh, ideal for bird watchers. Northern Pond offers simple walking distance to Silver Lake Harbor, village activities, stores, galleries and eateries.
The casual interior features tile floors for your carefree vacation.
3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths: 1 with Queen, 1 with Double, 1 with two Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs and DVD player. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a screened porch, wrap around deck, picnic table, charcoal grille, hot/cold outdoor shower and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limit of 2 Dogs. Limit of 3 cars.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen, TV. Bedroom with Double, TV. Bedroom with two Twin beds, TV. Hallway bath with tub/shower. Half Bath. Washer/dryer in kitchen.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound, while Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Our top Ocracoke rental home booking tips:
Get the best rental value:
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are high season in the Ocracoke area. Reserving a rental home in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is an excellent way to save on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable properties. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Often, rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitors guides which include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Planning and choosing a perfectvacation home:
- Begin by selecting a vacation week and a budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your group requires. Northern Pond: Dog friendly, wrap around porch, screened porch. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly available on booking pages. If they are not listed, email or call the property owner before booking the home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you will need a property that allows animals. Request specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Note that some property owners charge additional pet fees.
- Visiting for a specific attraction or event? Use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
More tips for your visit:
- Add the host's phone number to your phone. Print and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you are away! Don't let crooks spoil your vacation.
- Document any issues with the property during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are helpful if there is a dispute.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an incredible source for finding the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can often help. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on good feedback to inspire future bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.8 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles