About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Please, note...we only book full weeks during high season, with Saturday as our change over day. We do take partial stays in the shoulder and off season. Please note: SoundHouse does not provide linens. Bring your own sheets for 2 queen beds, 1 single, towels and personal pillows. There are blankets, spreads and kitchen linens furnished for your use. Also, please note there are NO POWER BOATS allowed at SoundHouse. IF YOU BRING ONE, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO REMOVE IT. Also, please check all our home rules before booking. Soundhouse is a sweet, vintage bungalow on the usually peaceful North Pond with it’s own sandy beach. SoundHouse has been owned by the same local family since 1972. The owner resides close by. New to Vacation Rental By Owner, it features a shady front porch and a back porch with a great handsome waterfront view, overlooking your own little sandy beach. Great for kayaking, paddle boarding, an painless walk to ferry, museum, eateries, shopping and“downtown” waterfront with awesome sunset vistas. Limited to four people, no family pets, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 queen beds, one twin, a enormous open plan kitchen, dining and living area. There is an outdoor shower and washer/dryer, but experience old Ocracoke by washing your dishes by hand, no dishwasher! Parking for two cars. Savor the soundside beach but please respect neighbor’s beachfront property lines, it’s not a community beach. No power or sailboats. Smoking is not allowed inside SoundHouse. Smoking is allowed outside in the yard only.
All guests of SoundHouse are STRONGLY urged to purchase cancellation insurance when you book through Vacation Rental By Owner. Things happen. You want to be protected.
This property is offered by Premier Partner, Debbie Wells, who also manages three other Vacation Rental By Owner properties: The Studio #332656, Dicie's House on Howard Street #1899844 and CanalHouse #2760936. All cottages are personally managed and locally owned and operated and feature great locations, clean and functional interiors and competitive pricing. We hope to see you!
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is near the beach. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights. Kayaking and motor boating offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with hiking and cycling nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the best vacation property experience:
When to reserve a Ocracoke rental home & When to go:
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Winter holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- To find the most suitable rental home for your budget, we suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of large crowds at popular attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitor guide magazines which often include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Planning, picking, and booking a perfect Ocracoke rental home:
- To start, have your family agree to the best dates and a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration you need. Sweet Waterfront Cottage, 4 person limit has 3 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often available on booking websites. If they are not listed, email or call the property owner before you book your home. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you'll need to book a property that allows animals. Request specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Be aware that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
- Are you looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
During your stay:
- Store the owner's information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, television set or thermostat. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent quite a few concerns.
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Protect your property!
- To make certain that no damages are attributed to your stay, record any problem areas upon your arrival. Contact the host right away to document your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a fantastic resource to find the best local attractions.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all personal belongings. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on excellent reviews to inspire more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will appreciate that you share your feedback find their best vacation home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.8 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles