If you know where to look, the Outer Banks can be a beachcomber's paradise. With miles of shoreline to explore, hidden beaches that are relatively untouched, and literally piles of shells washing up on the beaches after a storm, shelling on the OBX beaches is simply a matter of timing and area expertise.
- As low as $153/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Ceiling fan
- Charcoal grill
- Dining table
- Free WiFi
- Pet friendly
- Pets stay free
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Creek Road Cottage is a bright and cheerfully decorated bungalow offering a roomy open floor plan, a generous, comfortably furnished screened porch, and two decks. Savor a convenient walk or bicycle ride to Ocracoke Lighthouse, Silver Lake Harbor, shopping, waterfront dining, and all the activities of 'downtown Ocracoke.' Located in a peaceful neighborhood, set back on a private drive, providing additional privacy. 3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with a set of Bunk Beds. Full bath with tiled shower. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, two intelligent TVs, and 2 DVD players. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers a screened porch, two decks, an enclosed hot/cold outdoor shower, a charcoal grille, and a gas grille. Two picnic tables. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limit of 2 dogs. Limit of 3 cars. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival. Property Layout: Single story home: Open eat-in kitchen and living area with TV. Bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with Bunk Bed. Hallway bathroom with tub/shower (offering alternate access from a Queen bedroom). Half bathroom.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets stay free
How to find the best vacation rental experience:
Finding your perfect rental home:
- The sooner your group can book, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved early. Reserving your vacation home six to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of NC. To book the most suitable rental for your budget, we strongly suggest booking in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of large crowds at Ocracoke restaurants, tours, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Some property management companies offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers typically offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for more information.
- Look for your local Ocracoke visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guide magazines contain discounts for nearby tours and attractions.
Planning and picking yourvacation home:
- Start by choosing your the best vacation week and a max budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration you need. Creek Road Cottage: Comfortable, bright, cheerful dog friendly home has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is regularly accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property management company before you book the vacation home. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If your group is bringing pets, you will need a pet-friendly vacation rental. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, weight, and type requirements. Note that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
- Visiting for a single attraction? If so, use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Have a fantastic stay:
- Take a copy of the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, television set or thermostat. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents many difficulties.
- Keep the property locked while you are out! Don't let thieves spoil your vacation.
- Make a record of any issues with the rental at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be very helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Be a good neighbor. Often, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- At departure, take a walk-through to make sure you have not forget anything. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent feedback to propel more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles