The Outer Banks is famous for its beautiful beaches and stunning views. One of the best ways to experience the beauty of the Outer Banks is to wake up early and watch a stunning sunrise over the Atlantic ocean. With miles of pristine coastline, there are plenty of spots to catch a breathtaking sunrise. From Carova to Hatteras Village, here is our list of the best places to see a sunrise on the Outer Banks.
- As low as $137/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- Pet friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This cheerful bungalow is conveniently located on Ocracoke's Back Road. An simple walk to the Coffee Shop, Silver Lake Harbor, and the many island stores and galleries. This fashionable bungalow is a favorite destination for returning families behind a picket fence and tucked among the cedar trees. The colorful decor and simplicity of design provide a relaxing and calming setting for your island vacation. Unwind on the screened porch or huge deck. You're on vacation!
3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with two Twins. Full bath has tub/shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, two cable TVs, and a DVD player. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, sizable gated deck for pet and kid safety, picnic table, deck swing, hammock, enclosed hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille, and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not provide linens.
No Smoking. Limit of 2 cars.
Dog Friendly - Limit 1 Dog.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Open floor plan with living area with TV and eat-in kitchen. Bedroom with Queen bed with TV. Hallway bath with tub/shower. Laundry area with stack washer/dryer.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with two Twin beds and private half bath.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Rental property booking tips:
Find your perfect vacation home:
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of NC. To book the most suitable vacation home within budget, we suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at popular Ocracoke attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your family qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers frequently offer their guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Many property management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guides which often include special deals, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Start by choosing potential vacation weeks and a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Fiddler's Rest: Pet friendly cottage has colorful decor. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book the rental. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you will need a rental that allows animals. Get information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Note that some property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
- If there's a certain Ocracoke attraction you are enamored with, look for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
- Add the owner's information to your phone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, television set or appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents lots of concerns.
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Document any issues with the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are useful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant vacationers disrupting your peaceful neighborhood. Apply the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and places you would have never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on good ratings to propel new reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles