The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
About this PropertyCozy Cottage, ideal for couples or modest families. Brief walk away from the inlet and all the stores and eateries surrounding. This is a 350 sq ft bungalow. This superb bungalow is finished with a queen size bed, a pull out couch (full), a full bathroom, a generous outdoor shower, tv, internet, kitchenette with enormous dorm sized refrigerator and freezer, modest kitchen sink, and hot plate with pots and pans. If you are looking to hideaway and adore the freedom from the hustle and bustle of day to day life, this is your ideal island utopia. Don't forget the dogs! Dogs are allowed for a modest additional fee.
We are able to keep the price reasonable by not using a cleaning service, so please leave the bungalow better than you found it! We do not give linens, towels, or paper products. This is my personal bungalow, so please respect it as if it were your grandmothers :). Check in is at 2pm, Check out is 11am.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you tourism guide books with special deals for property management companies, restaurants and attractions. Look for these publications and discount books, as this allows visitors to discover the very same fantastic attractions with a often significantly discounted.
- Willing to change your travel dates? Off-peak times offer up sizeable savings.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of management companies offer discounts to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity that you are most anticipating during your stay? You'll get the most value from a home which most directly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
The Rental Process
Newcomers tend to be shocked at the number and variety of short-term properties available in the Ocracoke area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their rental, management companies are critical in helping vacationers with booking, check-in, housekeeping services, as well as routine service issues that may occur.
Here are some tips and strategies to help you understand the vacation home search and reservation process.
How to find and reserve the perfect rental home:
Before you start to book "Cozy Island Cottage, centrally located in the Heart of the Village", review our brief list of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke rental homes start booking very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Many families prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Oftentimes, the hardest portion of organizing your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Try to remember that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your desired stay. It may be at the high end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to reserving a costly rental property. One individual in your group needs to be responsible for getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental price at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is the group trying to find? Is a screened porch a requirement? Does the unit need to be beach front, downtown, or near night life? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home charge? Make a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Commonly the older generation has problems with stairs. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Do not forget to include your companion! Dog guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions carefully. Make certain to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
After the place, dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. In addition to offering exceptional rental properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the home management company might know of similar homes that better suit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-peak season when many properties sit vacant.
Read the Total Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any needed repairs. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be very helpful.
- You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or spa tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation substantially more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Always make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- When everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no damage occurred during your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites allow travellers to offer feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but honest in regards to your experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to rectify the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their vacation? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning is going to be painless. Maybe the property was not perfect, and you'll better recognize how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles