The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
About this PropertyCozy Cottage, ideal for couples or modest families. Brief walk away from the inlet and all the stores and eateries surrounding. This is a 350 sq ft bungalow. This gorgeous bungalow is finished with a queen size bed, a pull out couch (full), a full bathroom, a enormous outdoor shower, tv, internet, kitchenette with generous dorm sized refrigerator and freezer, modest kitchen sink, and hot plate with pots and pans. Recently renovated because of Hurricane Dorian, we have also added an outdoor shower to a list of the luxuries, and If you are looking to hideaway and relish the freedom from the hustle and bustle of day to day life, this is your ideal island utopia. Don't forget the dogs! Dogs are allowed for a modest additional fee.
We are able to keep the price reasonable by not using a cleaning service, so please leave the bungalow better than you found it! We do not give linens, towels, or paper products. This is my personal bungalow, so please respect it as if it were your grandmothers :). Check in is at 2pm, Check out is 11am. If you have any specific request don’t hesitate to ask, I promise you I’m a neighborly fellow.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property managers and vacation properties supply Ocracoke area discount guides that feature deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by a partnership between the property management company and the local merchant itself. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Are you willing to switch your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you phenomenal rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Several rental companies provide price reductions to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some rental properties are essentially catered to particular customers, whether it is beachfront homes with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most looking forward to.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a consequence of health emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional fuel.
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
Many people are shocked to discover the number of vacation homes are located in Ocracoke. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Owners typically select management companies to manage online marketing, housekeeping services and maintenance.
Below are some tips and techniques to help you understand the rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Before you start to book "Cozy Island Cottage, centrally located in the Heart of the Village", examine our short collection of things to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke rental properties are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Pick a Community and Time
Oftentimes, the toughest portion of organizing your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be simpler.
Just How Many Beds?
Determine who is going, and how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Remember that that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Most rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Determine Your Budget
Does the chosen vacation property suit your budget during that popular Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before booking a pricey vacation property. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be in charge of the full reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your group interested in? Do you want a vacation property with patio kitchen? Will the unit need to be beachfront, downtown, or near restaurants? Are bedsheets included with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Do individual members of your party have special needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Most rental listings include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the family traveling with a furry friend? Animals are welcome at many vacation homes, but policies can vary. Study your agreement carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
The best places to Search
Several internet resources exist to match clients with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies usually have an exclusive assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest prospects for a reduced rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Total Contract
Read through the full agreement and be sure you are aware who is liable for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers reassurance should catastrophe strike.
When you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage as soon as you arrive. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any repairs. This will protect against disputes during check out.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call eliminates many complications.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Often times, nearby residences are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a trip a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check each room of the rental property to make certain that you've gathered all possessions.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no property damage occurred during your remain. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Many rental home management companies and rental search sites permit customers to offer feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you should note that as part of your comments.
Does everyone want to re-book next year? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning is going to be painless. Otherwise, you have gained valuable experience that can help with your next search.
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles