If you know where to look, the Outer Banks can be a beachcomber's paradise. With miles of shoreline to explore, hidden beaches that are relatively untouched, and literally piles of shells washing up on the beaches after a storm, shelling on the OBX beaches is simply a matter of timing and area expertise.
- As low as $749/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 4 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- In a village
- Internet access
- Limited onsite parking
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Sleeps 12
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Located at the end of a winding lane, The Soundfront Inn is located on a roomy, historic property on the shores of the Pamlico Sound. This older home transports you to a 'by gone era'. You are invited to return to a simpler time. The Soundfront Inn retains much of its original appeal. Antiques and local decor combined with tasteful remodeling add to the ambiance of your stay. Take a vacation to 'yesteryear'. To enhance the ‘old Ocracoke charm’, the owners have not installed telephones or cable. With plenty of windows to let in the breeze, there is NO AIR CONDITIONING. Savor memorable times with family and friends at this enormous and cavernous home, yet comfortable enough for a modest family. Whether seeking a private getaway or a favorite area to gather, the generous selection of interior spaces, indoor and outdoor porches, decks and huge yard are sure to delight. Appreciate handsome sunsets and find comfort in the sound of waves reaching the close by shore. A 300' beach on the Pamlico Sound completes this fascinating property. Walk or bicycle to village stores, galleries and eateries. Take a walk to Silver Lake Harbor or walk the sandy trails and shoreline of the close by Springer's Point Nature Preserve. For those that find comfort in history, location and nature, The Soundfront Inn welcomes you. 6 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with Queen, 2 with a Double, 3 with two Twins. One bath with a tub, one with a shower stall. Conveniences include ceiling fans and a fan in every bedroom. The kitchen features a commercial 6 burner Vulcan gas stove. Player piano. Minimal heat available. Gas heater in living area and dining area only. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers screened porches and plenty of covered porch space with porch rockers. The screened porch off the lower level bedroom offers an outdoor clawfoot tub. Enjoy a sizable hot/cold outdoor shower, gas grille and fish cleaning bench. There is no dock, but it is possible to anchor a modest boat or launch kayaks from this property. *This home does not provide linens. NO AIR CONDITIONING. No TV, No Cable or Satellite. No DVD or Stereo. No Internet Access. No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars. No Partial Stays. Property Layout: First Floor: Kitchen, Dining Room and Living Room. Sun Porch. Master Bedroom with Queen and Bath with claw foot tub/shower. Laundry Room. Second Floor: Two bedrooms, each with a Double bed. Three bedrooms, each with two Twin beds. Sun Porch. Bath with shower.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the perfect Ocracoke rental home experience:
Find your perfect vacation home:
- June, July, and August are high season in Ocracoke. Booking your vacation rental in Spring or Fall is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation rental. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months.
- The earlier you can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your vacation rental six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Ask your property manager if discounts are available for your family.
- Property managers usually offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Many management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which will include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Finding the best rental home in Ocracoke:
- Choose your vacation dates and budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Soundfront Inn: Spacious historic home with beach on Pamlico Sound has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke rentals search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed types is commonly accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, reach out to the host before you reserve the vacation home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches. You'll need to establish which bed configuration is right for your group.
- Are you visiting for a single event or attraction? Use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Pet fees or charges applied to your agreement.
During your stay:
- We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Record any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately contact the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be very helpful if there is a dispute.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, television set or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent quite a few concerns.
- Respect the neighborhood. Frequently, surrounding homes are filled by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental home while you're out. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- At departure, complete a final walk-through to make sure you did not forget anything. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on great feedback to stimulate future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will be thankful you shared your experience find their best vacation rental. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles