For families travelling to the beach, or fishermen carrying tackle/coolers, a beach cart can be the best purchase of your vacation. These carts feature extra-wide wheels to move across soft sand, even when loaded. Carts are often built for specific scenarios, so think about the gear you’d be putting on your cart before making a decision.
- As low as $428/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 14
- DVD player
- 3 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Free WiFi
- In a village
- Limited onsite parking
- Living room
- Outdoor shower
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 14
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 14
- 6 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Unwind in one of the rockers or on the porch swing. Read or dream your hours away on the porches of this huge historic Ocracoke Island home. Located on a peaceful, dead-end lane in the heart of the village, this home is modernized while maintaining the original appeal of beadboard walls, doors, and wood floor. 6 Bedrooms, 3 Baths: - The first floor offers 1 with a Double Bed and a full bathroom with tub/shower accessed via the bedroom or rear hallway. - The second floor offers: Off the main hallway, two individual Bedrooms, 1 with 2 Doubles, and 1 with a Bunk which has a Full Bathroom with tub/shower and is accessed via this Bunk room plus offers deck access. - The second floor also offers 1 with King, 1 with Queen, and 1 with Bunk Bed. These three Bedrooms are configured as a suite (accessed via the King Bedroom). These three bedrooms share a full bathroom with a shower. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, six TVs, and a 55' TV with satellite. DVD player. The kitchen features a breakfast bar with a sink offering an additional work area for preparing enormous meals. Washer and dryer. No microwave. The fireplace is not available. Sheets and towels supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers multiple decks and porches, a charcoal grille, two picnic tables, a deck swing, and a sizable yard. No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limit of 6 cars. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum. What's New for 2022: No Boat Slip/Dock Included. Property Layout: First Floor: Living Room with TV, Kitchen, Office, One Bedroom with Double bed and Bath with Tub/Shower. Laundry Room. Second Floor: Bedroom with Bunk bed and TV. Bedroom with 2 Double beds and TV. Bedroom with King Bed and TV which provides access to two other bedrooms, one Bedroom with Bunk bed with TV and to a Bedroom with Queen Bed with TV. Bath with Shower Only. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time before your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Pamlico Sound and Springer's Point Preserve, while Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Ocracoke vacation rental home tips:
Sticking to your spending plan:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is the most expensive season along the coast of NC. Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring is a good way to save on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Owners sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, travel guides have money saving offers on nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- To start, have your group choose dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Miss Elecia Garrish Home: Dog friendly, centrally located has 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke rentals search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is commonly accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property manager before you reserve the home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds.
- Some properties allow pets, but others don't. Acceptable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask your host about your furry family members before booking.
- Are you looking for particular amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the instructions to your phone.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- To make sure damages aren't attributed to your family's visit, note any problem areas during arrival. Call the rental manager immediately to report any damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all belongings. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property a final time and scan for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the manager isn't available, ensure that you take photos and video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good reviews to compel more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- Dajio - 0.0 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles