The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $535/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- DVD player
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Gemini offers canal front living in the community of Sound Shores on Ocracoke Island. Savor private deep water boat dockage at your doorstep, providing painless access to the Pamlico Sound. Just outside your front door, you will appreciate a private 11' X 29' pool. This is really a unique home whether your vacation plans include boating, calming in the *pool after a day at the beach, or simply appreciating Gemini's special location. This sizable four bedroom property offers fabulous opportunities for family gatherings, entertaining, or simply relaxing. Gemini offers the privacy of two separate residences. This unique property features a enormous living and dining area in the main home where the entire family can gather. When you prefer to escape, both the interior and exterior offer plenty of private areas to get away. Gemini and Gemini Bungalow are separated by a breezeway and come together at both the outdoor pool area and waterside deck. 4 bedrooms, 4 Baths: 2 with Queen, 2 with two Queens. The main home offers the convenience of single story living with two comfortable bedrooms. One bedroom offers 2 Queen beds, an attached freshly refreshed walk-in shower, a new toilet, and newly tiled floors and walls. The second bedroom offers a queen bed and bath with a attractively tiled walk-in shower, a new toilet, and a new sink. The bathroom connects to the laundry room. Both generous sized bedrooms offer a TV with DVD and access to a canal front deck. A huge sunroom on the waterside offers a comfortable extended living area with water vistas. The Bungalow of Gemini offers the privacy of a separate living space with a second floor open floor plan with a kitchen, breakfast bar, and living area with a TV and DVD and a canal front deck. The second floor of the Bungalow also has a bedroom with a Queen bed with TV/DVD and a hallway bathroom with a new tiled shower. Located on the first floor of the Bungalow is a master bedroom featuring 2 Queen size beds and a full bath with a shower and laundry area. Your accommodations offer the convenience of two full kitchens including two dishwashers and two microwaves, two laundry areas with washer/dryer, complimentary wireless internet access, 5 Intelligent HDTVs with cable service, 5 DVD players, Netflix streaming (available in the main home bedroom and bungalow living area and bedroom) and Nintendo Wii. Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. Bed Linens are supplied for Six Queen Beds. Ten Towel Sets are supplied. The exterior offers private boat dockage for two boats, a bulkhead, open outdoor hot/cold outdoor shower located poolside (not enclosed). Open decks, 2 fish cleaning benches, and a gas grille. No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Parking for a max. of 3 cars. No Partial Week Stays. 2023 Pool Season - Open April 8 - October 13. Property Layout: Main House: Single story home: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Primary Bedroom with two Queen beds, TV/DVD, and Primary Bath with a new tiled shower. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD, and Semi-Private new tiled shower. Sunroom. Bar Area with washer/dryer. Bungalow: First Floor: Primary Bedroom with two Queen beds and Primary Bath with shower and washer/dryer. Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen. Bath with new tiled shower.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Looking to get your feet wet? Motor boating and fishing adventures can be found near the property.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the best vacation home experience:
Getting the best value:
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacations during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are the most expensive season along the coast of NC. Reserve your vacation home in the Spring or Fall to get the benefit of gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Booking websites usually offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitors guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to choose the perfect rental in Ocracoke:
- Choose a group leader, select your vacation dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family needs. Gemini: Canalfront, pool, main house and guest cottage, private dock. has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is generally available on booking pages. If not, reach out to the property management company before you book the home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or may be applied to your contract.
- Is your group looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include amenity lists and search filters. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
Tips for your stay:
- Add the owner's contact information to your phone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent lots of concerns.
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the rental when you are away, just like you would at home.
- To make certain no damages are attributed to your family's stay, record any problem areas when you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to record any issues. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be a fantastic resource to find the best local spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Double-check the property to confirm that you've packed everything on check-out day. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on great ratings to compel future bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.6 miles