The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Spread out and relax in this roomy, canal front Sound Shores home on Ocracoke Island. Bring your boat and tie up at your door, savor the simple access to Pamlico Sound and great fishing and fun! The many decks and screened porches allow you to appreciate the warm sea breezes and the striking vistas that Spindrift has to offer. Unwind on the third floor upper deck and take in the spectacular expansive vistas of Ocracoke and the Pamlico Sound. Contemporary and elegantly decorated in soft pastels with an abundance of interesting artwork. 4 Bedrooms, 4 Baths: 1 Master Bedroom with Queen and a Twin Daybed, Master Bedroom with Queen, 1 with two Twins, 1 with 2 Bunk Beds. Queen Size Sleeper Couch. Additional amenities include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 5 cable TVs (including a 46 inch TV in the first floor den), 2 DVD players. The kitchen offers a Keurig and standard coffee maker. Two sets of Washers and Dryers. Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers private boat dockage, bulkhead, screened porches, decks and rooftop deck, a hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only - Owner prefers Modest/Medium Dogs Only. min. 4 cars. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. Property Layout: First Floor: Open floor plan with living, dining and kitchen. Den with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with Queen bed and Daybed and Master Bath. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Hallway Bath. Laundry Closet. Second Floor: Bedroom with two Bunk Beds. Master Bedroom with Queen bed and private Master Bath with shower. Den with TV/DVD, and Queen Sleeper Couch. Hallway Bath. Laundry Closet. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your vacation property or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Pamlico Sound and Springer's Point Preserve. With motor boating and fishing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
How to get the best vacation property experience:
Sticking to your spending plan:
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner you can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best rental properties are reserved early. Reserving your rental home up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental.
- Summer months are the most expensive season along the coast of NC. To find the best value, try shifting your family's Ocracoke trip dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer warmer weather, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Booking websites often offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, visitor guides contain deals for nearby tours and attractions.
Choosing the perfect rental home:
- Begin by selecting a vacation week and a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Spindrift: Spacious dog friendly canal front home, dock, decks, views has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke rentals search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, reach out to the property owner before reserving the rental. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional pet fees or charges may be applied to your invoice.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Advice for a great stay:
- Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or thermostat. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent lots of problems.
- Keep your rental home locked while you are out! Don't let thieves ruin your vacation.
- To make sure that damages are not linked to your family's stay, record any problem areas during check in. Contact the rental manager immediately to report any issues. If there is a dispute, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a great resource to find the best local beaches.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected everything. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property a final time and look for damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the host isn't available, take video of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Property managers rely on excellent reviews to stimulate more reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.6 miles