The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $397/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- On the waterfront
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Spread out and relax in this cavernous, canal front Sound Shores home on Ocracoke Island. Bring your boat and tie up at your door, appreciate the painless access to Pamlico Sound and great fishing and fun! The many decks and screened porches allow you to savor the warm sea breezes and the exceptional vistas that Spindrift has to offer. Unwind on the third floor upper deck and take in the impressive expansive vistas of Ocracoke and the Pamlico Sound. Contemporary and elegantly decorated in soft pastels with an abundance of interesting artwork.
4 Bedrooms, 4 Baths: 1 Primary Bedroom with Queen and a Twin Daybed, Primary Bedroom with Queen, 1 with two Twins, 1 with 2 Bunk Beds. Queen Size Sleeper Couch.
Additional amenities include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 5 cable TVs (including a 46 inch TV in the first floor den), 2 DVD players. The kitchen offers a Keurig and standard coffee maker. Two sets of Washers and Dryers.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival, with the exception of the top bunk beds.
The exterior offers private boat dockage, bulkhead, screened porches, decks and rooftop deck, a hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only - Owner prefers Modest/Medium Dogs Only. Limit of 2 Dogs. min. 4 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Open floor plan with living, dining and kitchen. Den with TV/DVD. Primary Bedroom with Queen bed and Daybed and Primary Bath. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Hallway Bath. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Bedroom with two Bunk Beds. Primary Bedroom with Queen bed and private Primary Bath with shower. Den with TV/DVD, and Queen Sleeper Couch. Hallway Bath. Laundry Closet.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. With motor boating and fishing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Ocracoke rental experience:
How to get the best value:
- To find the best value, try changing your group's vacation to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer pleasant temperatures, , and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host if your group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property managers typically offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Ocracoke visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guide magazines have deals for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
How to choose the perfect vacation rental in the Ocracoke area:
- Start by having your family choose the best dates and a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family requires. Spindrift: Spacious dog friendly canal front home, dock, decks, views has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is normally available online. If not, email the property owner before you reserve the vacation home. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
- If your group is bringing pets, search for a pet-friendly property. Ask for information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Often, property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
Tips for a wonderful stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Add a note with the instructions to your phone, and take a printed backup.
- Upon arrival, record any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud vacationers bothering your peace and quiet. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and places you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Lock your rental while you're out. Keep your property safe!
- When it's time to leave, complete a walk-through to confirm you did not leave anything behind. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a fantastic stay? Most rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.6 miles