The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $514/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Arcade/game room
- DVD player
- 4 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Ceiling fan
- Charcoal grill
- Dining table
- Free WiFi
- Heated pool
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wet bar
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Rosemary & Thyme combines a sought after canal front location along with a private water side pool. Unique in attention to detail and featuring generous amenities, this home offers a first floor open floor plan, ideal for entertaining or family gatherings. The living area features cavernous two story high vaulted ceilings. During the off season, the living area is a magnificent place to appreciate the gas fireplace. The extraordinary tile work throughout adds to the uniqueness of this pretty home. A huge third floor den is ideal for socializing or escaping with that ideal book, watching TV, or try testing your skills at shuffleboard. Appreciate the convenience of a wet bar and wine refrigerator. 4 Bedrooms. 4.5 Baths. Three Primary Bedrooms: 2 with King, and 1 with Queen. Bedroom with Queen. Each Primary Bathroom offers a soaking tub (no jets). Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and 3 Blu-Ray DVD players. The kitchen offers granite counter tops, dishwasher, microwave and wine refrigerator. Gas fireplace (off-season only). Washer and dryer. The exterior features the private water side pool 12' x 20' non-heated pool, *private boat dockage, covered front porch, open decks, screened porch, enclosed outdoor hot/cold outdoor shower and charcoal grille. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. min. 3 cars. Not Pet Friendly. No Animals or Service Animals of any kind are allowed in this home. For information please visit our Guest Information “Vacationing with a Pet” on our website. No Partial Week Stays. *Boat dockage at this property is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our friendly staff will contact you. *2023 Pool Season - Open April 9 - October 14. Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/Blu-Ray DVD. Primary Bedroom with Queen bed and Primary Bath with soaking tub with shower. Half Bath. Laundry Closet. Second Floor: Primary Bedroom with King bed, TV/Blu-Ray DVD, and Primary Bath with soaking tub and separate shower. Primary Bedroom with King bed and Primary Bath with soaking tub with shower. Third Floor: Bedroom with Queen located off the Den. Den offers a TV alcove, shuffleboard, wet bar and wine refrigerator. Bath with shower.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best rental home experience:
When to reserve a Ocracoke rental & When to go:
- To book the best rental within budget, we highly recommend reserving in the Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at Ocracoke restaurants, tours, and activities.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer rentals during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Property managers sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Property management companies typically offer customers an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitor guide magazines contain deals for local tours and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Start by choosing your trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration you need. Rosemary And Thyme: Canal front, pool, den, boat docking has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is almost always available on booking websites. If they are not listed, email or call the property owner before you book the home. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to establish what bed configuration is suitable for your family.
- If there's a specific Ocracoke destination you are enamored with, search for homes that are either close by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but others do not. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
Know before you go:
- Get the host's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your .
- Make a record of any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the host. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are helpful if a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent lots of issues.
- Be a good neighbor. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental property while you are gone! Don't let thieves ruin your holiday.
- At departure, complete a walk-through to confirm you haven't forget any personal items. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on great reviews to inspire future bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.5 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.5 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles