The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $500/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- DVD player
- Table tennis table
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Limited onsite parking (max 4 spaces)
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Sleeps 12
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Appreciate the pleasures of the natural beauty that surrounds the Sounds Ideal and Secret Cedars cottages. This unique property includes Sounds Ideal, the 3 bedroom, 3 bath main home and the adjoining Secret Cedars bungalow, which offers 1 bedroom and 1 bath. This waterfront property offers vistas of the lighthouse, Pamlico Sound and adjoining marsh. Let the lighthouse guide you to the sheltered sound side shoreline; ideal for water enthusiasts with great kayak access and an ideal backdrop for brilliant sunsets and beachcombing. WP1314 offers Four bedrooms: 2 w/Queen, 1 w/ two double futons, one loft with queen, and queen futon. 4 baths. Conveniences include central AC/heat, complimentary wireless internet access, 3 intelligent TVs. 3 DVD players. The Intelligent TVs in this home offer streaming services only. There is no cable or satellite service available. Washer/dryer and ceiling fans. Ping Pong Table. Exterior offers a total of six porches, three are screened. 2 Hot/cold outdoor shower and park style charcoal grille. Sheets and Towels Included and beds are made for your arrival. No Smoking. No Animals. Parking for 4 cars only. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. Property Layout: Sounds Ideal First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with two Double Futons, TV. Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet. Second Floor: Den. Master Bedroom with Queen Bed and Master Bath with tub/shower. Bedroom with Queen bed. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Secret Cedars First Floor: Open dining and living area with Queen Futon, TV/DVD. Kitchen. Bath with shower. Second Floor: Loft Bedroom with Queen bed. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Ocracoke Lighthouse and British Cemetery are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Pamlico Sound and Springer's Point Preserve.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Vacation rental tips and tricks:
How to get the best value:
- Book your Ocracoke rental home in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- The earlier your group can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The best properties are reserved early. Booking your rental six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your family qualifies for a discount.
- Booking websites frequently offer customers an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitor guides which often include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Choosing the perfect rental in Ocracoke:
- To start, have your group agree to a vacation week and a budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family needs. Sounds Perfect and Secret Cedars: Waterfront. Views of the Lighthouse. has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the host before booking your rental. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Does your group require unique amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the best rental.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- If your group is bringing pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Often, property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
Have a fantastic stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Add a note with the directions to your phone, and take a printed backup.
- During check-in, document any damages to the property and immediately alert the owner. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome vacationers disrupting your peaceful neighborhood. Apply the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all of your things. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property a final time and scan for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the manager is not available, take photographs of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a terrific time? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property management company was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles