- As low as $221/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- DVD player
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- Fish cleaning table on site
- Fishing nearby
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Limited onsite parking
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Named for Ocracoke's historic mail boat, Aleta is located on a canal in Oyster Creek. Appreciate a waterfront vacation on Ocracoke in this beautiful pet friendly bungalow, ideal for a couple or modest family. Aleta offers an open-designed living/dining area with vaulted ceilings, skylights and a second story loft sitting and sleeping area. Handicap accessibility via entrance ramp, wide doors and a 3 foot entrance door to the first floor bathroom with shower with shower seat. Covered parking provides access to the exterior stairway and access ramp offering simple access and wheel chair accessibility.
1 Bedroom, 2 Baths: Sleeping loft with Queen, Queen Sleeper Couch in living area.
Savor preparing meals in the generous kitchen. An adjoining screened porch overlooks a pleasant rear yard with live oak trees and the bulkheaded canal.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 2 intelligent TVs with DVD player and bluetooth CD stereo system. Fireplace (Off-Season Only). Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. High chair.
The exterior offers *private boat dockage, bulkhead with ladder offering easier water access for kayakers, covered porches, a screened porch, outdoor dining table, grille, hot/cold outdoor shower, fish cleaning bench with water and electric and storage shed. Covered parking. Two single person kayaks for exploring the close by marshes. Life jackets are not included, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be happy to assist.
*This home does not provide linens.
No Smoking. Pet Friendly. Limit of 2 Animals. Limit of 2 cars.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
*Boat dockage at this property is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our friendly staff will contact you.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, living area with TV, and Queen Sleeper Couch. Bath with shower.
Second Floor: Sleeping Loft with Queen bed, TV, and sitting area. Bath with shower. Hallway stackable washer/dryer.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. With motor boating and fishing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips to get the perfect vacation rental experience:
Finding your perfect vacation home:
- In the Ocracoke area, The earlier you can book a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental property up to 12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home.
- To get the best value, change your group's vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer warmer weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Booking websites usually offer customers an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local articles, travel guides contain offers and deals for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
How to pick the best rental:
- Begin by selecting the best vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Aleta: Pet friendly, waterfront, perfect for two. Private docking. has 1 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often available online. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book the vacation home. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you must book a pet-friendly vacation rental. Make sure to ask for information on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Some property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Does your group require special amenities? Most rental websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Tips for a smooth stay:
- Take a copy of the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, intercom or washer/dryer. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call prevents quite a few concerns.
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would back home.
- Upon arrival, document any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors bothering your peaceful neighborhood. Use the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental to make sure you've collected all of your things. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, take photos of the rental to record its condition.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on excellent feedback to drive more bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will will be grateful for your feedback find their best vacation rental. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles