Swimming is a local sport that never goes out of style on the Outer Banks, and with literally miles of ocean and sound waters to paddle around, there's no shortage of refreshing locales to enjoy a dip. Vacationers will find they have their choice of swimming destinations, from the fun and challenging ocean waves, to the shallow splashing waters of the sound, to the assortment of public and community pools found all along the islands.
- As low as $191/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- DVD player
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- Fish cleaning table on site
- Fishing nearby
- Limited onsite parking
- On the waterfront
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Appreciate this fashionable Ocracoke Island vacation home located on a canal in Oyster Creek with private boat docking. Unwind on the sizable waterfront screened porch. Savor convenient direct access to Pamlico Sound.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Each bedroom has a Queen bed. A loft on the second floor has 4 Twins, which offers flexible sleeping options (but does not allow occupancy over the 6 person limit). Two full baths, one with tub/shower and one with shower only.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and Blu-Ray DVD player. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers private boat dockage, bulkhead, a screened porch, 2 decks, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not provide linens.
No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limit of 2 Dogs. Limit of 3 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open living, dining and kitchen. Two bedrooms, each with a Queen bed, TV. Full bath with tub/shower. Laundry room.
Second Floor: A loft on the second floor has 4 Twins, which offers flexible sleeping options (but does not allow occupancy over the 6 person limit). Two full baths, one with tub/shower and one with shower only. Bath with shower.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. With motor boating and fishing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips to get the very best vacation property experience:
Sticking to a spending plan:
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules often open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Ocracoke area. Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is a great way to save money on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable properties. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your group qualifies for a discount.
- Property management companies often offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Often, rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines that include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Filter your rental search:
- Select vacation week and budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. August & Everything After: Dog friendly, canalfront, private dock. has 1 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts is normally available online. If not, reach out to the property management company before booking the rental. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Some properties allow pets, but some don't. Allowable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the property manager about pets before booking.
- Looking for unique amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
More tips for your stay:
- Put the host's information in your smartphone.
- Hosts are there to help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are out, just like you would at home.
- At Check-in, make note of any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Respect your neighbors. Often times, surrounding homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Re-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all personal items on check-out day. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a excellent vacation? Many rental managers make it easy for vacationers to provide comments. If your property and/or host was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was out of order and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.5 miles