Nothing beats an ice-cold beverage while relaxing on the beach. Nothing is worse than reaching for an icy drink and finding your cans swimming. Coolers are essential for family days on the sand. A good modern cooler will keep food and drinks fresh for days. In addition to beverages, fishermen rely coolers to keep bait fresh, and hopefully the catch of the day. Walk onto any beach or pier in North or South Carolina and you’ll see a plethora of cooler models and sizes. Cooler technology has advanced rapidly in modern years. Top-end hard-sided coolers can keep ice frozen for a week. Soft coolers are easier for one person to carry onto a beach, but can still keep food cool for days. Cooler materials and price points vary wildly, so we put together this guide with our recommendations for your coastal vacation.
- As low as $189/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Bed sheets provided
- Deck or patio
- Onsite parking
- Service animals only (pets not allowed)
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
A enchanting one-bedroom unit located right on Silver Lake Harbor. This first floor master suite provides docking at your doorstep and unparalleled vistas of the harbor. Savor watching fisherman come and go from your covered deck or relax with a book on the shared gazebo. This Sunday turn day property is within walking distance of all your favorite eateries, galleries, and stores. You will have your own entrance, and an elevator to help make unloading an ease. Use the queen-sized couch sleeper for additional guests. Docking is on the right side of where the lifted boat is right behind the gazebo. There is about 25’ of docking. The rest of the dock is shared docking and you do not have access to dock in those areas. This property does provide both linens and towels.
About the Area
This condo is located in Ocracoke. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
Strategies to get the optimal vacation home experience:
When to book & When to go:
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is high season in Ocracoke. Reserving a rental home in Fall or Spring is a great way to save on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes.
- Some property managers offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guides that include special deals, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to choose the best rental in the Ocracoke area:
- First and foremost, have your family decide on vacation dates and a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. Waterfront Condo Located right on Silver Lake Harbor has 1 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is commonly available on booking websites. Otherwise, reach out to the property manager before reserving your home. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or charges could be applied to your agreement.
- If there's an individual Ocracoke destination you long to visit, browse properties that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- Be sure you get the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, stereo or thermostat. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents lots of concerns.
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are out, just like you would back home.
- Upon check-in, record any issues with the property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Frequently, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected all belongings. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent reviews to inspire future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will will be grateful for your experience find their best vacation home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.0 miles
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.0 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles