- As low as $107/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Ceiling fan
- Charcoal grill
- Dining table
- Fish cleaning table on site
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Iron/ironing board
- Limited onsite parking
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Welcome to 'Blue Heaven.' This impressive bungalow is located at the end of a peaceful lane in a secluded residential area of Ocracoke Island. Blue Heaven features an open floor plan with dining table for four to six guests and bar seating for two. Unwind on a deck off of either the dining area or kitchen. Retreat to the lookout deck. French doors in the living area enter onto a screened porch.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with King, 1 with two Twins. The living area offers a Queen Size Sleeper Couch. First floor bathroom has shower only and a second floor bath has claw foot tub.
Conveniences include complimentary internet access, central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, 3 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers two decks, a screened porch, a lookout deck, porch swing, hammock swing, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, fish cleaning bench and modest charcoal grille.
*This home does not provide linens.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Queen Sleeper Couch in living area. Bath with shower. Laundry Area.
Second Floor: Bedroom with King bed, TV. Bedroom with two Twin beds, TV. Hallway Bath with Claw Foot Tub.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the best Ocracoke rental home experience:
Get the best rental value:
- Book your rental home in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- In the Ocracoke area, The earlier your group can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation homes are booked early. Reserving your rental home up to 12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Hosts sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers usually offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Ocracoke visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guides contain deals for nearby tours and attractions.
Planning and choosing your prefect Ocracoke rental:
- First and foremost, have your group choose trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Blue Heaven: Secluded, at the end of a quiet lane, lookout deck. has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is regularly available online. If they are not listed, email the host before you book your home. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches. You will need to establish which bed configuration is right for your vacation.
- Are you visiting for a single attraction or event? If so, use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Some rentals allow pets, but others do not. Acceptable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the owner about allowable breeds and types before booking.
More considerations for your visit:
- Add the host's contact info to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Make a record of any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be beneficial if there is a dispute.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Respect the neighborhood. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Keep the property locked while you're gone! Don't let crooks ruin your trip.
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at departure. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental one final time and look for damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent reviews to inspire more reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your experience find their best rental home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.5 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.7 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.8 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.8 miles