The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $610/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Living room
- Pet friendly
- Porch or lanai
- Private beach
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
One of the prime canal front properties in the Sound Shores neighborhood, Chai Tide will provide you with full vistas of Pamlico Sound. This Saturday turn day property is entirely bulkheaded. Boat docking space is available, providing a great space for anyone who likes to fish. There is a fish bench for you to clean your fresh catch Chai Tide is the ideal place to bird watch, savor the breeze and striking sunsets, and completely fall into an island state of mind. While calming in the hammock on the screened porch let your four-legged companion roam complimentary in the fenced in yard. Even if you get a rainy day, family memories can still be created while playing games or watching a good movie in the open living room, dining room, and kitchen floor plan. After a day of relaxing on your own private beach, rinse off in the outdoor shower. This property has all the amenities you would need and more! Bed and bath linens are also included. *Second dog welcome with additional $75 fee.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is near a private beach. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
Our top Rental property booking tips and tricks:
Cost saving strategies:
- Book your Ocracoke rental home in Fall or Spring months to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- The sooner you can reserve a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your rental property six to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your rental property.
- Some owners offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your host or property manager if rate reductions are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitor guides contain offers and deals for local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Make a plan and pick the perfectrental:
- Start by choosing your a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Waterfront Ocracoke Property in Oyster Creek - Chai Tide has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally accessible online. Otherwise, reach out to the property manager before reserving your home. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds.
- Are you visiting for a single attraction? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some don't. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable breeds and types before booking.
More tips for your visit:
- Get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your . Store the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Record any issues with the rental at check in, and immediately contact the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are valuable if there is a dispute.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors disrupting your home life. Apply the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and places you would've not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are out, just like you would at home.
- At departure, complete a walk-through to make sure you have not forget anything. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and scan for damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a wonderful stay? Most rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or host was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.7 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.7 miles