The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $189/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fenced yard
- Iron/ironing board
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
You can find No Ka Oi tucked away in a peaceful neighborhood behind the Ocracoke Coffee Shop. The home offers a fenced in yard, sizable decks, and a peaceful stay on Ocracoke. A completely equipped kitchen and enormous living and dining area with cathedral ceilings is great for a couple’s hideaway. The master bedroom has an attached private bathroom complete with a whirlpool tub to really get away from it all. A mahogany spiral staircase leads up to an open sitting area with a modest working area for those who cannot leave work at home. Attached to the tower room is a walk around deck. The living room provides a light and airy environment ideal for calming with a book or to watch a good movie on a rainy day. The backyard is ideal for relaxing in the sun, rinsing off after a beach trip in the outdoor shower or cleaning the day’s fresh catch on the fish cleaning bench. This property does not provide linens or towels, please inquire about rental options.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Strategies to get the very best Ocracoke vacation property experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- Summer is high season in Ocracoke. To get the best value, consider shifting your family's Ocracoke vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer excellent weather, , and reduced traffic.
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Property management companies sometimes offer rate reductions for veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if discounts are available for your family.
- Booking websites often offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Often, property management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guides which will include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Choosing the perfect rental home in Ocracoke:
- Select vacation week and maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group requires. No Ka Oi: Wonderful home tucked away in a quiet neighborhood with a large yard. has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, email the property management company before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to establish what bed configuration is optimal for your vacation group.
- Looking for specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking
- If your group is traveling with pets, you'll need to search for a rental that allows animals. Request information on breed, weight, and type requirements. Be aware that some property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
Advice for a great stay:
- Take a copy of the property manager's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home.
- Record any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately send them to the property manager. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are valuable if a dispute is filed.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often a terrific resource to find the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental property while you are out! Don't let burglars ruin your holiday.
- Double-check the rental property to confirm that you've packed all personal items on check-out day. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the rental a final time and look for any damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, remember to take pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on great feedback to drive future bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.5 miles