With 150 miles of pristine coastline, and some of the East Coast's largest swaths of undisturbed maritime forest, the Outer Banks is a popular destination for nature lovers. As an important spot on America's "Flyway," which is the route that migrating birds take on their northern and southern treks across the country, the Outer Banks is the temporary home to hundreds of species of birds. Combine this with the number of deer, foxes, waterfowl, fish, turtles, and even alligators, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is truly a wild vacation destination.
- As low as $124/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- No pets allowed
- Smoke-free property
- TV with cable service
- Washing machine
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Villa Maria is conveniently located in the heart of the Village, just two blocks from the Ocracoke Lighthouse and within walking distance to all eateries, stores, and entertainment. Unwind on its third-floor private deck. One Primary Bedroom with King Bed features a full bath with a whirlpool tub and separate shower. The second Primary Bedroom features a Queen Bed and full bath with a garden tub and separate shower. In addition, there is a Queen size Sleeper Couch in the living area. Beach decor welcomes you to sizable, sun-lit rooms. The roomy living area with cathedral ceiling offers a 42-inch cable TV with surround sound. Additional amenities include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, and complimentary wireless internet access. Stack washer/dryer. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. min. 2 Vehicles. No Family Animals or Service Animals of any kind are allowed in this home. For information, please visit our Guest Information “Vacationing with a Pet” on our website. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival. Property Layout: Third story single floor condo: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV. Queen Size Sleeper Couch in the living room. Primary Bedroom with King bed and bathroom with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Second Primary Bedroom with Queen bed and bathroom with garden tub and separate shower. Laundry closet with stackable washer/dryer.
About the Area
This condo is located in Ocracoke. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Ocracoke rental property booking tips:
When to book & When to go:
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rentals during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is the most expensive season along the coast of NC. Reserve your Ocracoke rental in the Spring or Fall to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers frequently offer customers an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitors guides which will include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Selecting and booking the bestrental home:
- Select a designated group leader, choose your vacation week, and choose a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Villa Maria: Condo in the heart of Ocracoke Village, near lighthouse has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is generally available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property owner before you book your home. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to determine what bed configuration is best for your vacation group.
- Some properties allow pets, but some do not. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- If there's a certain Ocracoke attraction you are crazy about, browse rentals that are either close by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Considerations for your stay:
- We recommend storing the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent a lot of problems.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home while you are out, just like you would back home.
- Upon check-in, note any issues with the property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors bothering your life at home. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually help. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental a final time and scan for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the manager is not available, take video of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your group have a fantastic stay? Many rental managers make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property management company was terrific, they would love to hear it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.0 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles