The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Sound Breeze is a modern canal front home in Oyster Creek. Appreciate canal front living with deep water boat dockage at your doorstep providing painless access to the Pamlico Sound. Sound Breeze offers 4 single kayaks, ideal for exploring the close by Pamlico Sound. A roof top deck offers expansive vistas of the salt marsh and Pamlico Sound. The first floor open floor plan features a living area, dining, and kitchen with roomy breakfast bar. The second floor offers a master bedroom with a queen size bed and master bathroom with double sinks and a enormous walk in shower. The second master bedroom features a queen size bed and master bath. For your convenience, the second floor entryway has a mini refrigerator and sink/bar area, ideal for time spent on the rooftop deck. Sound Breeze features impressive natural woods, tile, and granite. 2 Bedrooms. 2.5 Baths. Two Master Bedrooms each with Queen Bed. Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, cable TV and DVD player. Free wireless internet access. Washer and dryer. The fireplace is for display only. Exterior features include a screened porch, deck and roof top deck. For the boaters there is a dockside charging station for your boat, water hookup and hose for the dock and the fish cleaning station. Try your luck at crabbing or fishing off the dock. Savor a huge outdoor hot/cold shower, charcoal grille and covered parking. There is no need to rent kayaks, Sound Breeze offers 4 single kayaks. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be happy to assist. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking. No Partial Week Stays. Property Layout: First Floor: Living Area with TV, Kitchen with Breakfast Bar, Half Bath, and Laundry Area. Second Floor: Master Bedroom with Queen Bed, Bath with Grand Walk-In Shower. Master Bedroom with Queen Bed, Bath with Tub and Separate Shower. Foyer with Wet Bar and Mini-Fridge. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best Ocracoke rental experience:
Get the best rental home value:
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Booking a rental in Fall or Spring is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property management companies usually offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Often, rental management companies supply Ocracoke area visitor guides that include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Finding the best vacation home in the Ocracoke area:
- Select your vacation week and max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your group needs. Sound Breeze: Contemporary canal front, screened porch, decks. has 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often available online. Otherwise, email or call the host before you book the vacation home. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some don't. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the owner about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- If there's a certain Ocracoke attraction you love, look for properties that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
During your stay:
- Get the owner's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental home. Store the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, television set or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the rental when you are away, just like you would at home.
- To ensure that damages aren't attributed to your family's stay, inspect for any problem areas upon check in. message the rental manager immediately to record any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a fantastic resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the rental to reconfirm you've collected everything. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on good reviews to compel future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.5 miles