The Outer Banks offers plenty of opportunities for a healthy, family fun vacation. Visitors can spread out over more than 100 miles of pristine shoreline. Local restaurants and eateries are providing abundant take-out and delivery options. Kids are distance learning from the beach! Also, there’s no risk of boredom with our list of social-distancing compatible activities! It’s no wonder that vacationers are turning to the Outer Banks for a fun, relaxing, and safe vacation during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Here are our picks for outdoor attractions, parks and activities where it’s easy to maintain social distancing guidelines while having 100% of the fun.
- As low as $105/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Coffee/tea maker
- In a village
- Onsite parking
- Service animals only (pets not allowed)
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Located in the heart of the village, this two-bedroom, third floor unit is within walking distance of the harbor, stores, and eateries. Each bedroom is a master bedroom with its own master bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower. This Saturday turn day condo has all your cooking needs with a entirely supplied kitchen or charcoal grille on the front lawn. Being on the third floor, appreciate sitting out on the balcony with a chilled drink, a fresh breeze and watch the world below cruise on by. Linens and towels are not included at this property, please inquire about rental options.
About the Area
This condo is located in Ocracoke. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Ocracoke Lighthouse and British Cemetery. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
Finding the best Ocracoke vacation rental experience:
Sticking to your rental budget:
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner you can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best properties are booked very early. Booking your vacation home six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- Summer is high season in the Ocracoke area. To get the best value, consider shifting your vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer warm weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property management companies typically offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines that include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Choosing the perfect rental in Ocracoke:
- Choose your dates and budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Beautiful Condo in the Heart of Ocracoke Village has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is normally available on booking pages. If they are not listed, reach out to the property management company before you reserve the vacation home. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If your group is bringing pets, search for a rental that allows animals. Request information on breed, size, and type requirements. Note that some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- If there's a specific Ocracoke beach you crave, browse properties that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Tips for a fantastic stay:
- Get the host's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property when you are gone, just like you would back home.
- At Check-in, make note of any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud vacationers disrupting your peaceful neighborhood. Use the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and places you would've not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the property to make sure you've collected all personal items. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property one final time and look for damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the property manager isn't available, remember to take pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on great ratings to drive new reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.0 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles