- As low as $145/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fenced yard
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- Pet friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Savor this unique and beautiful bungalow on Sand Dollar Road. Ideal for a peaceful Ocracoke vacation getaway. This home consists of two separate buildings, a single story main building and a two story apartment. This unique property is ideal for a modest family or couples who savor privacy.
The main building offers an open floor plan with a modest living/dining area and full kitchen with gas stove, refrigerator, microwave and Keurig coffee maker. Bedroom with Queen Bed and TV. Full bath with tub/shower. Stack washer/dryer.
The detached two-story apartment offers a first floor with Queen Futon, TV, mini refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker. Half Bath. The second level is accessible by a ladder and has 2 Double Mattresses.
Conveniences include: Free wireless internet access, 3 satellite TVs, microwave, 2 Keurig coffee makers and stackable washer/dryer. The main home offers a mini split central heat/air system and the apartment a wall AC/Heat unit.
The exterior offers an outdoor shower, decking, gas grille, picnic table, fish bench and fenced in yard.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
Pet friendly - Dogs Only. min. One Dog Accepted.
No Smoking. No Dishwasher. No Telephone.
min. 4 people. min. 2 cars.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
Main House: Open floor plan with full kitchen and modest dining/ living area with TV. Bedroom with Queen Bed and TV. Full Bath with tub/shower. Laundry room with stack washer and dryer.
First Floor: Futon, TV, mini refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker. Half Bath.
Second Floor: Sleeping Area accessible via a ladder with 2 Double Beds.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Tips and Tricks to get the best Ocracoke vacation rental experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- The sooner your group can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved very early. Booking your rental six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your rental property.
- Summer time is high season in the Ocracoke area. To book the best rental home for your budget, we recommend reserving in Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at your favorite Ocracoke restaurants and activities.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your family qualifies for a discount.
- Property management companies frequently offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke area magazine upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guide magazines contain discounts for nearby tours, shops, and attractions.
Selecting the perfect rental:
- Select vacation week and max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your family needs. Tight Lines: Unique dog friendly home has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally accessible on booking websites. If not, contact the property owner before you book the property. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Pet fees or applied to your contract.
- If there's a specific Ocracoke beach you are crazy about, keep an eye out for homes that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. .
Advice for a great stay:
- We recommend storing the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental home while you're away. Protect your property!
- During arrival, document any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the host. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Be respectful. Frequently, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a terrific vacation? Most rental home management companies make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles