Beach canopies and umbrellas create shade, lower ambient temperatures and block UV rays on hot, sunny Summer days. Sitting under the canopy of a quality beach umbrella can make the difference between comfort and sweltering. When choosing an umbrella, we look for durability, wind ratings, weight and size.
- As low as $185/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Jett’s House features a traditional open floor plan, ideal for your Ocracoke vacation. Set back on a cavernous property. Savor calming on the covered porch, roomy screened porch or covered ground level deck. Jett's House offers a convenient walk or bicycle ride to stores and eateries.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with Queen. 1 with Pyramid (double/twin) and a Twin. Futon.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs. Telephone. Washer and dryer. High chair.
The exterior offers a screened porch and adjoining covered porch. Modest ground level covered deck. Hot/cold outdoor shower, fish cleaning station, gas grille, and picnic table. Covered parking.
Sheets and towels included.
Pet Friendly - Dogs Only (owner prefers dogs under 30 lbs.). Limit of 2 Dogs.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Full bath with shower stall and washer/dryer.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen Bed. Bedroom with Twin Bed and Pyramid Bed (Double on bottom/Twin on top). Alcove with Futon and TV. Bath with tub/shower.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Tips and Tricks to get the best rental experience:
Sticking to your spending plan:
- To find the best value, shift your group's vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer great temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- The earlier your group can reserve a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation homes are reserved early. Reserving your rental six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers often offer customers an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which will include special deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Narrow your Search:
- First and foremost, have your group agree to dates and a spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Jetts House: Dog friendly home in private location has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke vacation rental search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is usually accessible online. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property manager before booking the vacation property. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches. You'll need to work out what configuration is right for your group.
- If there's a particular Ocracoke beach you crave, keep an eye out for homes that are either close by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Some properties allow pets, but others do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property manager about pets before booking.
More considerations for your visit:
- Add the property manager's contact information to your phone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To make sure damages aren't linked to your family's visit, inspect the property for any problem areas upon check in. Get in touch with the host immediately to relay any issues. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respect your neighbors. Frequently, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental home while you're away. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Just before checking out, complete a walk-through to confirm you didn't leave anything behind. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a excellent time? Most rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property management company was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.3 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles